Pain

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to my original readers as a way to say thank you :) Chapter warnings: Mild smut and angst.

Arthur has been riding hard for days, fuelled by the conversation with Mary and the frustration of having no leads. Pulling into the woods outside of Rhodes he sighs, defeated and tired, he doesn't remember having felt this tired before, the emotional weight heavy in his chest and his body aching from the hard ground, he was right back where he started, and yet, no further forward.

Sitting back against a tree he draws his hat low, ready to take a nap in the afternoon sun before heading into town in chase of leads. He was close to the old camp and the urge to return caused him to feel both dread and longing, torn between his desire to be with his family and the betrayal he felt from his father.

His mind wanders, as it often did, back to you; he missed the lazy afternoons you'd spend together. A memory resurfaces of a particularly pleasant afternoon he'd spent with you in Blackwater. He'd been out on a job with John and Charles for most of the day and when he returned to camp, hot and aching, he wanted nothing more than to relax with you in his arms. He'd found you sat on the riverbank enjoying the cool flow of the water on your toes, you looked like an angel to him, so he stopped in the treeline, leaning back against a tree he crosses his ankles and just admires you. Your long hair caught the breeze and swept back from your face revealing a light smile as you watched the fish swim around your feet. Arthur felt like the richest man in the world being able to call you his and moments like this, where he could just watch you be yourself were his favorite.

"Hey, you're back!" your eyes spotted him in the treeline and your smile stretched wide across your face.

Matching your smile, he pushes from the tree, dropping beside you and drawing you close into a kiss. He'd only meant to greet you with a peck, but you tasted so sweet he couldn't help but deepen the kiss. You sighed into his mouth and brought your hands up to his chest, holding him close against you. Bringing his hand up to tangle in your hair, he runs his tongue along your bottom lip, slowly requesting an entrance. You oblige meeting his tongue with yours and causing him to groan with pleasure, the button of his jeans beginning to strain painfully against his growing erection. You pull away and he chases your mouth, eager to continue the kiss, but you smile and push him back, slowly unbuttoning your blouse.

He looks around, conscious that you were both out in the open but too invested at the moment to care too much. It never bothered him to be seen naked but the thought of Javier or Sean seeing you bare was a different story, he was extremely protective of you, and your body was for his eyes only. Settling his sight back on you he sucks in a breath as you sit before him topless, he can't help but reach for you. Guiding you back against the long grass he rakes his eyes over your form, slowly memorizing every detail.

"Arthur please." You sigh and flutter your eyes closed as he trails his calloused hand down your waist.

"You're perfect." He whispers.

"I'm not perfect, nobody's perfect."

You giggle as he positions himself on his knees between your legs, hiking your skirt up to your waist and slowly peeling down your undergarments.

"Well, then you're just perfect for me."

He didn't allow you to respond as he licks a broad stripe up your core causing you to roll your eyes back and fist your hands in his hair, knocking his hat to the ground. His tongue slowly kitten licks your clit in just the way he's learned will drive you wild and you instantly begin to writhe underneath him. This was his favorite part, where you began to wiggle and grind against his mouth, he encourages you to chase your pleasure by sucking gently on your nub.