Chapter TwentyNine

CHAPTER TWENTYNINE

short filler

It had only been a week, one week since Jane had left and the guys were still looking for more cases and yet nothing, no new cases and so they decided to go to Bobby's and see if he had found anything interesting.

"I can't believe i can't find anything," Sam said finally closing his laptop packing up the rest of their stuff.

"I'm sure Bobby has something for us to do," Dean replied not paying much attention, cleaning out his guns on the bed. For the last couple of days since Jane had left Dean kept his mind occupied always doing something that kept his mind off Jane, he wasn't going to admit it to Sam let alone admit it to himself but he was worried about her. But what he really needed was a case, a case that kept his mind fully off the idea of Jane and the possibilities that she could be somewhere hurt or worse dead. As he assembles the last gun he caught his mind drifting to Jane again seeing her image in his head. Quickly he shook his head clearing it of her, standing up the pack up the last of the essentials.

"You okay Dean?" Sam asked watching his brother.

"Huh?" Dean turned "yeah, I'm fine," he smiled trying to reassure his brother as he slung his duffle bag over his shoulder. "Let's go,"

But Sam wasn't fully convinced he knew something was up and he had a feeling it had something to do with Jane.

********************************************************

The car ride to Bobby's was nothing out of the ordinary Classic Rock exploding through the speakers the block out the silence and an occasional sing along by Dean, off key of course.

So by the time they arrived at Bobby's Sam was first some out of the Car.

"Do you have to yell every time you sing?" Sam clearing out his ears from the loud music and Dean's even louder singing.

"You gotta sing louder than the music Sammy," Dean smirks as he walks with Sam to the door.

"Bobby!" Dean yells knocking at the door chuckling as Sam flinches from his voice.

"You don't have to yell I'm not deaf you know I can hear ya knocking," Bobby opens the door and hugs his two boys welcoming them in.

"Hold on," Bobby looks behind the boys as they enter the lounge "Where's Jane?"

Sam and Dean looked at each other for a moment and Dean sighed knowing he would be the one explaining but Sam was the first one to speak catching him off guard.

Sam knew Dean didn't want to have to explain everything so Sam spoke first taking the pressure off Dean.

"She left," he said turning from Dean to Bobby only to have Bobby back hand him, hitting the back of his head perfectly "Ow!"

"You Idjit," he rolled his eyes at Sam and glared at Dean "You shouldn't have let her go just like that, she doesn't even know who the hell she is," you could hear the frustration. Sam looked at Dean for a moment who was still looking at Bobby. "Bobby let me explain" As Sam explained the situation Bobby sat down in shock and confusion his face turned from frustration to pure surprise and curiosity. "So she is a," he didn't finished his sentence he just got up and grabbed a beer from the fridge. "It doesn't make a lot of sense, but then again when does it ever make sense with you two," he slightly chuckled at himself looking up at Dean and seeing a change in his face like a light had faded.
"How are you Dean?" Dean was caught off by the question but before he could answer Castiel appeared behind Bobby. "Christ Cas," Bobby jumped in his seat. "Sorry," Castiel said, smiling to himself somewhat amused

They all sat there for a moment in silence but then Bobby started talking to Castiel about Jane asking question after question.

Dean sat there in silence paying half attention to the conversation while drifting in and out every time he heard her name. He just kept on thinking about that day by baby and the promise he made, to protect her and yet there they were and she was not, they have no idea where she is and it is slowly killing him. He hated the way he felt but he just at least needed to know if she was okay.

"Right, Dean?" Sam asked half way through the conversation Dean had not been paying attention too.

He looked up at Sam and then at Bobby and Cas. "Oh yeah right,"

Castiel looked at Dean seeing the frustration in his eyes and had an idea , "Maybe I could find her, check up on her," Castiel said looking to Dean,

Deans head slightly lifted but not enough to be noticed "Yeah sure Cas whatever you want," Dean replied looking at his brother who nodded at Cas then back to Cas again who was now gone.

Castiel disappeared the sound of his wings echoed off the walls and Dean couldn't help but wonder where Jane was. Finally relaxing for a moment happy that at least Castiel will be there for her if he can't.