Chapter Nine

CHAPTER NINE

It had been a week since the incident with the Demon. The boys had said nothing, they hadn't even mentioned what happened, Jane thought it was mainly because maybe they don't even understand it themselves and with no answer from Cas they had nothing to do but wait and take up another case. Manly any conservation they did have consisted of talking about food, girls, monsters and potential cases, the usual have you been remembering anything question for Jane did arise but that was it.

Jane and Dean sat at an old park table somewhere out of Oklahoma as the boys just finished another case in a town not far. They sat across from each other waiting for Sam to get back with food. Jane sat there still biting her lip as the constant nothingness of silence was getting too much for her. It was a windy afternoon and even the trees shivered as the cool air breezed on threw the leaves, making them whistle in tune. The sun was setting and the cold air pushed up on Jane causing her to shiver.

"You cold?" Dean asked looking up finally breaking the silence

"Yeah, I left my jacket in the impala," she replied after a minute surprised he even spoke a word to her.

"Here," he stood up and toke his leather jacket off exposing his muscles in a white shirt and placed the jacket over Jane's shoulders.

"Oh, thank you,"

His face was stiff when he sat back down.

She paused signed in frustration "Okay what is up with you?" she had enough of the silence and the avoiding.

"What?" Dean's eyebrows curled into a confused frown

"Ever since what happened with the....demons," it toke her a while to spit out the word 'demon' as she still struggled to admit that any of what was happening was real. "You and Sam haven't said a word about it," she saw Deans face frown even more so but somehow become more soft with what looked like concern but he soon hid it with his usual smirk slidding up on one side.

"What do you want us to do, start calling you Emily?" at first he thought he was being funny but soon realised he was way over the line as Jane's face became enranged.

"NO," she snapped turning her face away from him so she didn't have to look in his eyes "He does know me, I don't know how, but I am Jane, that is who I am now,"

Dean signed and frowned "But what if it isn't?" he moved his face in her direction so to help her look at him

"Well it is for now," she turned to see his face no longer hiding behind his smirk, she remembered seeing the same expression when the demons attack Sam and her.

"Why won't you talk about it, or explain to me what is going on?" she moved her body closer into the table as if to get closer to Dean

"That's just it," he paused a moment moving in just as she did "we don't know what is going on," he seemed to be angry at something, it wasn't Jane, it was himself.

"Why didn't you just tell me that, why all the secrecy?" she pulled her hands threw the sleeves of the jacket as the wind began to become stronger on her skin and make her hair stand up

Dean shrugged not wanting to discuss it anymore, pulling out his phone to see if Sammy had messaged.

"You know I could always help you guys," Deans head shot up in her suggestion "I can learn how to defend myself," he opened his mouth to reply but she continued worried and knowing he would say no "I have been nothing but a burden on you both, sitting around in the motel while you go on your cases, I could help," after a pause Dean said nothing "You need to let me in, you need to let me help," she pleaded almost, all she wanted was to help, she felt useless this past week and a half and she could do nothing but sit around, she wanted to remember something anything but everything was coming up blank, she didn't know what else to do.