Chapter TwentyFour

CHAPTER TWENTYFOUR

Jane was bundled up in her sheets still unconscious since the hunt while Sam slept on the bed beside her and Dean huddled over the laptop at the small round table at the corner of the room. Dean had been researching for while on Jane but he didn't really know what he was looking for exactly since he didn't know her real name or what was going on with her so instead he looked up amnesia and memory loss.

"Symptoms of post-concussion syndrome can include headache, dizziness, and memory and concentration problems. Symptoms usually clear within three months after the initial head injury."

'mmm, three months aii' he thought not understanding since it had been more than 4 months since they had set off with Jane, not that he was counting.

He had feelings for her he wasn't going to deny it, she was different, he sounded like a wimp even admitting it to himself, at first she was the most annoying half brained girl he had ever meet but something inside of him broke that day she was attacked he couldn't let anything hurt her and the day she fell to the ground in pain he knew he wanted to do nothing but get her back, help her, stop her pain. It had been a long time since he cared about someone like that, he wasn't going to say he was in love, he didn't even really understand if he did or not, not yet at least but he knew that he did care for her more then he would admit to Sam or Jane.

Everything was quite, so quite that you could hear Jane and Sam's soft deep breaths as they slept and the subtle sound of the keyboard.

He was about to close down when a small weep came from Jane as she quickly turned, rumbling in her sheets.

'Wonder what she is dreaming about?' he thought to himself as he closed the laptop and settle down for the night on the couch glancing over at Jane constantly as his eyes slowly became heavier and finally sleep over came him with his eyes directed at Jane's bed.

*Jane's nightmare*

Jane was running faster and faster the same road that she once ran the first time she awoke to realise she didn't know who she was, this time there were no houses and she was running a long and never ending road. The hounds were closer than the first time and she could feel the sharp teeth tugging on her clothes as they pulled her closer, her feet stumbling and struggling to get her balance.

She kept running until the growls become distant and suddenly they had stopped and the claws she heard running behind her were gone. But although they were gone Jane felt something hit her in the back of the head like a blank of wood while she started to walk and she fell to the ground yelling in pain. It felt so real Jane couldn't tell if this was real life or a dream but the pain was so brutal that she gathered that this was somehow real enough.

**

As Jane was dreaming her scream echoed out of her mouth while her body flung to the side of her bed, the scream shocked Sam and Dean wide awake and coursed both of them to jump and grab the first thing by their sides, for Sam a gun underneath his pillow and Dean a knife on the table next to him.

Dean and Sam looked over to Jane who was rumbling in her bed but was completely fine, they looked at each other for a moment them slowly walked over to the side of Jane's bed.

Jane's face was agonising and it looked as if she was in pain.

"Should we wake her?" Sam asked Dean looking up at his brother who was mesmerised on Jane's face.

"Dean?"

"Look at her face," he said as if to himself he nodded and then gently placed a hand on Jane's shoulder shaking her slightly.