Chapter 43

Diya's POV

We went inside to see doctors asking him few questions .

"Can you feel your legs?" Doctor asked

"No" he replied without showing any emotions.

"Alright then i will touch this pen on soles of your feet, it will give a little shocks like a tickling sensation so tell me if you feel them." Doctor said and touched the pen to his soles.

Suddenly his foot fingers twitched a little when the pen touched them.

"Can you feel it?" Doctor asked

"Yeah!!! I can" he replied

"Good" doctor muttered and soon finished his check up.

"What's the verdict?" Roberto asked

"He is fine now, but as I assumed the bullet hit his spine because of which his legs lost its power but it seems not completely. " Doctor said

"What do you want to say just say it clearly" Bethany exclaimed ready to hit the doctor.

Doctor gulped. If it was any other situation i would have laughed at his expressions.

"It means mam that there is still hope that he can again walk on his own. But to do that he will have to do physiotherapy. " He explained.

"Ohh!!! With physiotherapy he will be able to walk again?" Bethany asked

"Yes Mam" doctor confirmed.

"Thank god" Bethany said and sighed

"Everything else is alright with him?" Roberto asked

"Yeah!! Everything else seems fine " he replied and nodded his head.

Then he left.

Everyone went to him and asked about his health or if he need anything and my dad and brothers thanking him for protecting me.

After few minutes of them hovering over him mom called me.

"Diya why are you standing there? Come here and say thankyou to Giovanni for saving your life." Mom exclaimed.

And he turned towards me. We both locked our eyes and it seems like we were stuck in our own world . I looked at his grey eyes it seems there was a storm going inside them yet they were so mesmerizing. I just can't look away from them. It seems like we have a connection beyond words.
I just want to gaze in his eyes forever and read every emotion and secrets they are hiding.

Suddenly someone cleared their throat and we came out of our la la land...

I looked around to see everyone looking at us, my dad , papa and brothers glaring at Giovanni while mom and Bethany watched us with teasing smile. And Roberto watching all of us with amusing eyes.

Emmy looked confused with all reactions. I looked down.

"Stop glaring at my brother" Emmy said and hugged Giovanni tightly who hugged her back and kissed her forehead. I smiled

"Giovanni meet diya Steven's daughter and Diya this is Giovanni my son" Bethany introduced us.

"Hello, thankyou so much for saving my life" i replied.

"No problem" he replied in his rough and husky voice and smirked

Damn!!!!

"Ok everyone i think we all should leave and let him rest for a while" Dad said glaring at the floor.

"Yeah!!! Lets go lets go" Matthew said and rushed everyone out.

"Dad can i stay here for few minutes?" I asked dad