part 38: new home and rating game.

Issei and Ahri are now officially engaged, they shared the news and everyone congratulated them. They wanted to get married after Issei was done with college, Katase got to know Issei during college and she couldn't believe how much he had changed, Issei apologized to her for his actions back in Kuoh, she said that it's in the past and accepted the apology. They became friends, they would train and she saw his armour promotions along with his hollow forms. She and Saji would catch him day dreaming about Ahri and whispering to Ddraig that he's finally getting married to Ahri. Ahri and Issei tried to have kids but due to the low birth rate, it was taking a lot of time, despite their efforts, Ahri wasn't getting pregnant, they did some tests fearing that one or both couldn't have kids. The tests showed that their fears will not come true. Both are perfectly fertile but their part devil physiology is the reason behind their unsuccessful attempts, the doctor advised them to keep trying, it's bound to happen eventually. They talked about it and decided to wait till Issei had more free time to help raise their kid, 3 years had passed now, Issei was currently 23, had a small beard like his father's now. Ahri was still the same beautiful Kitsune everyone loves, Issei allowed Rias to visit everyone at his house from time to time, Asia had gotten a little taller and was now more womanly, Gasper had gotten taller and trained as hard as Issei did 4 years ago, he grew his hair out clearly inspired by Issei's look but dyed his hair black. Valerie stayed with Issei in his home permanently.

Rossweisse and Azazel were still dating, the Cafe's popularity was down since Issei, Koneko and Ravel weren't there cause of college. Ahri and Riser managed to keep it going though. Rias and Akeno had graduated college and help out when Issei, Koneko and Ravel were stuck in college but now that they are back, popularity was at an all time high. Azazel was checking up on the human world and see if they had built a functional version of Issei's balance breaker, even after 4 years they were still trying but had little success, Issei's face was hidden in the viral video so no one knows who was underneath the armour, those who saw him in the lodge only remembered his first name, those in Issei's group tried to come forward but he asked them not to tell the world. Like how Alexander Fleming didn't patent penicillin and let the world have it, he did the same, the sport armour was used for sport only and military applications was decades away, he decided that this idea should belong to the world, he's perfectly happy with everything he already has....for his remaining 3 years. He hated that his time was cut so short, he wants to live, live with Ahri and start a family. He wants to see the world change, the next generation of devils and fallen grow up, become stronger and happier. He wants to live and sage magic isn't working, at times he thinks if he can siphon the life force of others but he didn't want to do that, if he got the memories of his victims like Ahri did then he'll be confused and it'll make him unstable, he can't risk that. Fearing that he'll be stuck in the gear like Ddraig and his past hosts, fearing that the next host might not be able to handle the boosted gear let alone the hollow powers that now merged with it. Ddraig assured him that he'll try his best to deny them this power but there's no guarantee. He had no choice but to accept the reality. He talked to Ahri about this who shared his fears and worries, she wanted to give her life force to him but she didn't know how, Issei wouldn't want her to give up even a second of her life for his, he never wanted to use anyone especially her for something like this.

He gave his parents a great deal of the money he earned, gave them the best medical care, luxury, he and Ahri travel with them as a family, they were now thinking about getting married and really try to have a kid, as much as he wanted to see them grow up, he knows that they'll have a huge and powerful family to back them up. Just wish he could be a part of it. He had an idea if Ddraig could restore his life force if he turned him into a literal dragon. Ddraig told him that he tried but it failed, he only stopped the hollow side from taking away any more. Issei was prepared for that answer so he moved on, Yasaka herself tried to use her sage arts since she's a master but it didn't work. He had to keep his mind off of this and remembers what he planned with Ahri, to bring her old friends here from Ionia.