part 14: first laugh.

For the remaining 2 weeks, Issei trained with his former team, Gasper got stronger and stronger faster than the others, Kiba and Xenovia used Issei's weights to train like he did, Kiba returned Issei's blades immediately after that incident. Today is the last day of training.

Issei: last day, use it to rest up. Tomorrow will make the last 2 weeks look like child's play.

Xenovia: but we're making progress..

Issei: you'll be too tired to fight tomorrow if you keep pushing yourself. You'll be sitting ducks.

Asia: but I didn't get stronger....

Issei: you got better at using your sacred gear.

Issei clenched his chest and his claws turned black.
Rias was about to say something but Issei quickly took out a syringe from his pocket, he summoned the boosted gear and boosted twice.

Rossweisse: Issei what are you going?

He transfered the boosted power into the syringe, it was almost glowing and Issei injected it into his arm, he sat down and saw this claws become normal, his pale skin got it's natural pigment again.

Rias: are you okay Issei?

Issei: yeah...I'm fine now.

Akeno: Issei..... that's the second time you used your meds today.

Koneko: you usually have to use it once it flared up... it's becoming more frequent..

Issei: the timing is random. The next time it could happen days or months from now or 10 seconds. At times I can suppress at will but not always.....is it getting cold in here?

Everyone is looking at him with concern.

Kiba: no, it's nearly 30° C in here.

Issei was rubbing his hands together.

Issei: then it must be a side effect of the medicine then... I'm going to go to bed.

As he was leaving Akeno spoke.

Akeno: all alone? Want us to join you? Ufufuf

Issei:....nope.

He shot her down and went to bed. Akeno was saddened by his refusal.

Kiba: he's still angry.

Rossweisse: understandably so.

Rias: *sniff*...I miss him. The old him. What have I done?

(Rossweisse: what you shouldn't have.)

Rossweisse: Issei is right though, we need to rest for today, we'll need all the energy we have for tomorrow.

Everyone nodded and Rias calmed herself. Koneko however made her way to his room.

Irina: Koneko where are you going?

Koneko: to help Issei get his life force back, we haven't once had a chance to do it since....that day.

Akeno: good idea, it might help get rid of that thing.

Koneko nodded and went to Issei's room and noticed that the door was unlocked, he forgot to lock it so she went in, she saw him huddled up in a blanket, she climbed on his bed and started using sage arts like before to help him, as she came into contact she felt his body which was cold as a corpse. She panicked thinking that he was dead and threw the blanket off.

Koneko: ISSEI WAKE UP, DON'T DIE!

She shook him violently, he out of instinct grabbed her by the throat, held her down with one arm and readied his claws. He pinned her on the bed but she managed to whisper one thing that brought Issei back to his senses. It was risky.