part 7: stray

The day ended and Issei marched straight home, he's had enough of Rias and the others. On his way Kiba intercepted him using his speed.

Kiba: hey Issei wait up!

Issei: get out of my way Kiba. I'm done with every last one of you.

Kiba: look, you're right. We jumped to conclusions when we shouldn't have.

Issei: too late for apologies.

Kiba: Issei.....do you hate us?

Issei: more and more everytime you guys do shit like this. How are you all so dense?

Kiba:.....

Issei: start training, the fight with Sairorg is a month away.

Kiba: can we....train together?

Issei:..... Sure, I could use a target.

A chill went up Kiba's spine as his tone was as sharp as ascalon when it was centimeters from his eyes.

Kiba: r...right. I have to...tell the others first.

Issei walks away without another word as Kiba walked to the ORC. He told everyone to stay away from Issei and to train. Issei is in a bad state. He trained the whole day and so did everyone else but barely. After Issei told them that he wants to be alone, he avoided them completely. As they were training they all got a call from Sirzechs, there was a stray and it was different from most strays, other teams have tried to stop it but failed. It causing havoc in the familiar forest.

Rias: alright let's move out.

Irina glanced at Issei.

Irina: you coming Issei?

Issei: ...yeah. I need a live target and a new familiar. There's a full moon tonight.

Issei put on his jacket and hid one of his switch blades in it.
They teleported to the familiar forest.

Gasper: scary.

He said as he clung to Issei. Issei however didn't say anything to comfort him like he usually does, in fact he didn't even pay any attention.

Akeno: this brings back memories.

Rossweisse: what was so memorable about this place?

Asia: I got my first familiar here. It electrocuted Issei a few times when he was near by, he is protective of me against other males, he's quite the protective little dragon.

Akeno: I still remember the slime that ate our clothes. Ufufuf~

Rias blushed from embarrassment and looked at Issei. He didn't say anything, no slight change in his stoic facial expressions, she thought that the old memory of the girls having their clothes eaten and leaving them mostly nude would get a reaction out of him but there was no reaction of any kind.
Rias was about to speak but Issei beat her to it.

Issei: I'll get us a bird's eye view. Balance break.

Ddraig: Welsh dragon balance breaker.

Issei flew up in his balance breaker.

Xenovia: should we follow him?

Rossweisse: no, he can handle himself. He told you all that he needs space. Fucking give it to him now spread out in teams.

Rias: I'm the king here Rossweisse.

Rossweisse: then act like it Rias.

Rias: excuse me?

She was getting ticked off while Rossweisse was getting angry like before.

Rossweisse: do I have to remind you what happened today AND yesterday? How can you not just give him some space? Do you only hear what you want to hear cause of your ego?