part 23: information and graduation

Issei trained with Arthur, la Fey got to see her hero change completely. Kuroka was still afraid of him but couldn't help being attracted to him, his hair, his physique, his power and that glare in his eyes basically made her go into heat but he never showed interest. She tried to talk to him for 2 days but fear got the best of her, one One night she wanted to talk to him, she walked into his room and saw Issei wearing the mask and looking into the mirror, his yellow eyes were scary yet they looked sad.

Kuroka: hey...

Issei removed the mask and it disappeared, his eyes were green now.

Issei: ever heard of knocking?

Kuroka: right.... sorry...

Issei: *sigh*...come in.

She comes in and sits down.

Kuroka: so I want to talk about something.

Issei: hmm?

Kuroka: is there anyway for me see my sister without getting in trouble?

Issei: first I'll need to know why you're a stray.

Kuroka: mmmmmm okay. I killed my master and peerage because they were using Shirone and I as test subjects for their enhancement experiments. It worked on me but Shirone was too young and it's very painful.

Issei: then didn't you come forward?

Kuroka: I was marked at a stray and the situation wasn't in my favour, there were shoot first, ask questions later kind of squads after me. At least Shirone wasn't his peerage member just yet so she was spared.

Issei: I see, how did you end up in the chaos brigade?

Kuroka: they gave me a home and I'm a sucker for mischief. Ufufuf

Issei sweat dropped.

Issei: do you have any evidence of the experiments?

Kuroka: no but Shirone does.

Issei: how?!

Kuroka: her hair clip, all the data is in there.

Issei: I'll look into it.

Kuroka: *sigh*..thanks..

Issei: something on your mind?

Kuroka: are you really not interested in me? I want you and you know that.

Issei: Kuroka.... I know you want to have powerful kids so give your species a fighting chance but you're doing it the wrong way. You should have kids with someone you are in love with.

Kuroka: but... don't you want to get laid? I do and you're a good potential partner.

Issei: I renounced my old ways and don't fall in love with potential.

Kuroka could feel the anguish in his voice.

Kuroka:.....what did the ruin princess do to you?

Issei: nothing that concerns you or anyone else, pardon my rudeness.

Kuroka: even your manners have changed.

Issei: a lot has.....

Kuroka: yeah...sorry you went through a rough time. You looked so happy before.

Issei:....thanks.... I'll be going back to Kuoh tomorrow so I'll see if your story checks out, if so then we'll clear your name but I need you to do something in return.

Kuroka: which is?

Issei: give this to Cao Cao.

He gives her a folded piece of paper.