10: forgive me

"𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝," 

~🌙 ~

After a week, everyone had forgotten about the whole incident. It was a gruelling week with girls thinking I was a horrible person, but at the same time Amy received just as much attention. The whispers were nothing. I never noticed them until someone pointed it out, or if they where being obvious. Nevertheless, I didn't phase me. Amy on the other hand, she struggled to find somewhere to fit in. No one wanted to work with her, and her friends ditched as soon as the news got out. She walked the school halls alone and people avoided her. 

I did feel bad. 

But not nearly enough.

I was a decent human being and felt remorse. I had forgiven her for her actions and made amends. However, that did not mean I wanted to be around her. Part of it was Jake's convincing.

"Look at her, Jay. She's literally an outcast," Jake pointed out. 

I looked over in the direction he was pointing and saw Amy sat alone at a table. Watching closely, a group of girls were harassing her into giving the table up. A tall girl with curled hair had taken her tray from the table, whilst her friend grabbed hold of her bag. They jeered at her before putting her stuff at a different table. Of course, she followed and the group took their desired seats. 

"It's not our fault. Pay no mind to it," I replied. I turned back to my food and took a bite without hesitation. 

"Yeah, but no one deserves to be treated like that," 

He was right, but I couldn't just let her win like that. Who's to say she wouldn't let us down again? 

"What do you want me to do about it? I can't change every opinion of everyone in the school," I explained.

"He's right, Jake hyung. People don't just change their mind overnight," Sunoo added. Sunghoon handed over his sandwich and nodded, agreeing with his statement. 

"Thank you," Sunoo hummed. 

"Why are you thanking me like you don't do this every day?" Sunghoon asked also handing him a juice box that matched his own. 

"Just accept my good deed," 

Sunghoon rolled his eyes at his behaviour and carried on eating. The two of them were like lovers that hated each other. It was amusing and often the highlight of our lunch times. At the same time, they were secretly very good friends that probably confided in each other more than the rest of us could witness. 

"On that note, you should do a good deed," Jungwon commented. I raised a brow at him and he just smiled widely with his dimples showing. 

"Think of it like this. If it were the other way around, you'd want someone to sit with you and help you,"

"But I have you guys," I motioned to the seven of us sat together.

"And if you didn't? Come on Jay. She genuinely has nobody," Heeseung said in a slightly fed up tone. 

I knew I was being a bit pathetic by not letting go of a grudge, but I couldn't help it. It's not everyday someone does you wrong like she does. 

"If you don't do something, I will," Jake finalised. The boys looked at him as if to ask what he might do. He told us about how he would welcome her to sit with us so the idea of it wouldn't seem so bad to other people.