16: meeting you

"𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐬,"

~🌙~

Eun Hyerin

I closed my eyes for the thousandth times whilst the makeup guru prodded at my eye with his eyeshadow brush. I felt him swipe over my lids with shades of gold and brown over and over again. Another guru had their tools attending to my cheeks, applying a peachy shade. 

"How's this?" the guru pondered. I opened my eyes and gazed and my new appearance in the mirror. My face was all one shade of pale: even but glowy. As I mentioned before, golden browns highlighted my lids along with a dark liner and lash. My cheeks were peachy, giving me a flushed but youthful complexion. I had lips that were shiny, but natural accentuating my smile.

"I look..." I struggled to find words that described my content with my makeup and the fact I could not recognise myself at all.

"Gorgeous, that's what!" 

"Hi, daddy!" I greeted my father as he entered the dressing room. He was wearing his favourite black suit along with a flashy tie, matching the formal theme for the evening. 

"I love the look. You look just like your mother," he praised. I gave him a tight hug and thanked him for the showering of compliments. 

To fill you in..

My family owned a fashion company that specialised in gala and party wear. All the highest labels, idols and celebrities shopped from our clothes and often placed their own special orders with my father - the chairman of the board. He held a high, respected position, meaning that he had all the power and money. However, I did not want any part of that. As much as it provided me with a luxurious home, designer wear and anything else you could dream of having, I knew what lifestyle it would bring. 

Business meetings, deadlines, deals and compromise. It was too much stress and responsibility. It was the exact thing that lead my mother to her illness and the very reason we lost her. I never blamed him for the death of my mother, but I swore that I would never take the reigns from him.

But why I'm doing the fashion show, might you ask? Because I love my father, and want to see him be successful in his profession. 

"Dad, please. I can't possibly look that good," I blushed. He laughed heartily at my comment and cupped my face in his hands.

"Thank you again for doing this to me, darling. I know you hate it, but with the last minute venue change I couldn't find any models that were free to fly so quickly," he explained.

"Don't worry about it, really. I just hope the models that your investor promised to send over are good enough to keep your image going. Couples outfits are a very niche market,"