48: 9th first

"𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐈 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥?"

~🌙 ~

Park Jongseong

She held my hand the whole time. We walked past our classmates, family and friends, who were as confused as they should be. She did so with pride and happiness. Did that mean what I though it meant? A part of me could see how she felt about me. She seemed genuinely happy to see me, as if things hadn't changed. I needed to find out what this meant for us, because I definitely knew that I was in love with Eun Hyerin. 

Entering the celebration hall, hundreds of eyes landed on us. The last time Hyerin was in school, she was resented for the idiotic rumours that went around. She was abused and bullied in horrible ways. I felt her tense up beside me as the looks and the whispers began again. Her head fell slightly and she gulped out of nervousness. 

"Hey, it's okay. I've straightened things out now. They won't hurt you," I squeezed her hand reassuringly, "Not as long as I'm here to protect you." 

We walked towards the guys who were talking amongst themselves. Instantly, their faces lit up seeing us. 

"Hyerin noona!" Sunoo yelled and ran to her in a hug. Ni-ki followed and joined the hug playfully. 

"We missed you so much! Thank you for coming back," Ni-ki whined in her arms. Hyerin pouted at how cute our maknaes were being. Apparently I wasn't the only one that secretly missed her. 

"It's nice to have you back, Hyerin-ah. For good this time?" Sunghoon raised a brow at his old friend. 

"For good,"

She smiled at him and then at me as if it meant something more. She was here to stay and that meant I could finally tell her how I felt. I vowed to do so today. I didn't think I could go another day keeping it to myself. 

"I'm sorry for leaving without saying anything. You don't have to forgive me straight away, but I promise I'll make it up to every single one of you," Hyerin apologised with a sincere tone, "I really missed having you guys around." 

"We missed you too, noona," Jungwon replied for all of us. 

"I knew you'd come back anyways," Sunghoon remarked making Hyerin give a suspicious yet playful look. 

"What makes you say so?" 

"Duh," Sunghoon scoffed, "We're amazing?"

We all burst into friendly laughter after hearing their banter. Jake and Heeseung welcomed her back asking about her time away. She seemed reluctant to address those matters, but she did so bravely. After explaining that her father tried to ruin their company to get her back, I felt guilty for not understanding why she needed to leave and being angry at her for so long. She had gone through so much trauma and no one was there for her.