11: threatened

"𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧,"

~🌙 ~

"Excuse me?" I was bewildered with what this guy was coming out with. I humiliated her? Was he kidding? 

"You heard me. You're the guy that fooled around with her and then spilt your drink on her like some cack-handed freak," he spat. He edged towards me every second, but I didn't move. This guy didn't intimidate me anymore, especially because his story was wrong.

"I think you'll find that our stories don't match," I said in his close proximity.

"Is that so?" 

"Why don't you ask your cousin over there before getting up in our space," 

He paused for a second and then stepped away. I had let go of a breath I didn't know I was holding. I looked around and the others were stood wide eyed in worry. Heeseung held a dark stare with one of the others guys. His fists were balled and I could tell he was close to making a move he'd regret.

"It's okay, Dohyun! Really..." Amy reassured coming between us. She nudged him away from me slowly as the two of them bickered over whether I was the bad guy. I rolled my eyes at the time they were taking up. 

I could have finished my lunch by now. 

"Did he really just roll his eyes at me? Huh? This son of a-," 

"I think that's enough now, Dohyun," 

Finally. Heeseung had walked over to my side and pushed me beside him. He was now face to face with Dohyun, who was about two inches taller than Heeseung. That didn't stop him from standing up to this douche.

"You're new here. You don't get to waltz up to our table and start insulting my friends," he fought. Dohyun laughed mockingly. It was an ugly laugh - he tried to hard and ended up sounding like some broken record. 

"I can do and say what I want, thank you very much. We both know you have no power over me, little guy," 

"And I think you'll find yourself out numbered here," Jungwon added. He suddenly appeared to my right and Sunghoon to my left. Looking around completely, the rest of them had gathered. Te seven of us were now all stood behind Heeseung, eyeing the five who were opposing us. I was almost overwhelmed at their support. These idiots were taller, stronger and older. And yet, even our youngest joined the fight. I hated to set a bad example for them, but if there was ever a time that we needed to stick together: it was now.

Dohyun scanned us, but our combined presence was not enough to wipe the devilish smirk off his lips. 

"Cute, very cute" he spat whilst folding his arms

"Dohyun, please. Just stop," Amy pleaded whilst pulling his arm. He shrugged her off and told her to keep out of this. Amy looked at us with sorry eyes, but nothing more. I accepted that she wouldn't make another move to stop her cousin. That was who she was. I didn't hate her for it, but I certainly wasn't in favour of her poor attempt.

"This is my territory now, so you better sit back in your chairs and let us take charge here now. Especially you, blondie. What even is your name? Brady?" 

"Jay," I uttered almost embarrassed. Brady? Not even close. 

"Stupid name," he mocked. 

He was a bully that was looking for a reaction. The boys knew well not to give him one and eventually he would give up. However, I was on my wit's end. I was so close to landing a punch on his proud face, and Heeseung hyung knew that. His hand gripped my wrist strongly enough so I couldn't raise it. 

His protection wasn't enough for Dohyun to get at me. 

"You," Dohyun grabbed a hold of my tie, balling it in his fists, "Stay away from Amy, you hear me? If you go anywhere near her I swear I'll-," 

I was too focused on Dohyun's face inches from mine and the fact my shirt was almost ripping in his tight grip gripping. He had raised his fist in the air. I glanced for at it for second and braced myself for what would be a tough blow to the face, but instead I was thrown backwards. Dohyun's grip on my shirt was released, sending me stumbling back into Sunghoon who caught me. 

Regaining my balance, I watched as Jungwon had pushed Dohyun away from me and threw a kick to his chest. Another guy behind him came for Heeseung, who punched him square in the jaw. Dohyun fell on the floor clutching his chest, but quickly got up after seeing who had knocked him down. 

He smirked for a second before charging again at Jungwon. I pushed Sunoo and Ni-ki out of the way and told them to stay back. Rightfully so, because in that same moment, Jungwon had caught Dohyun's arm. For a shorter and younger guy, Jungwon had managed to flip him on his back.

He grunted from the impact and stayed down whilst he recoiled from the pain. Jungwon looked to me in panic. He knew it was wrong to use his fighting abilities on other people and looked at me for a scolding, however, I was beaming with pride.

"O-oh crap," he stuttered as he watched Dohyun stuggle on the floor. 

"YANG JUNGWON!" 

A crowd of teachers and students came rushing into the hall, gasping at the messy scene in front of us. All five guys were either on the ground, injured or clutching at whatever body part had been hit. Being amazed by Jungwon, I failed to observe that Jake, Sunghoon and Heeseung had thrown a coupled towards Dohyun's excuse for friends. 

"What is the meaning of this! You must be mad to use that sort of violence on other students!" the principle yelled in disappointment. Jungwon's head was bowed, not meeting the eyes of the astounded teacher. 

"W-we can explain," Heeseung tried to defend.

"It was my fault," I interrupted, stepping forward. I wasn't about to let any of the boys take the blame for me. This was my fault and I wanted to go down for it. 

"They were just defending me. But it's all on me. I started this mess," 

"Jay hyung, what are you doing?" Jungwon whispered to me, but I ignored him.

"Yeah, that's right! I just wanted to say hello and Jay hit me!" Dohyun sulked from the floor.

"You know damn well that isn't true. Turn off the act and put your big boy pants on will you?" Jungwon said angrily.

Dohyun did not take his comment lightly and rushed himself off the floor. I could tell he was going to go for Jungwon again. Before he could come any closer, I threw my fist in his face, knocking him back into a table. 

God knows why I did it, but it felt good. 

"THAT IS IT! You seven are all suspended until further notice," the principle ordered, "You may leave the school premises immediately." 

***

A/N: The first chapter of my PARK SUNGHOON fanfiction 'Paralysis' is out now!

Read it here>>> 

https://my.w.tt/cKYCnwgbJcb 

His family was well off

His family was well off. Suffering a loss was not in their agenda, even if the world put their family business on hold. The same could not be said for Park Sunghoon. With a lifestyle of riches and a facade for an exterior, could he survive the paralysis of a pandemic?