37: 9th first

"𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡,"

~🌙  ~

"OW!" 

Sunghoon had launched another hit to my head.

"Are you stupid? You just said you don't want to date her and you're going to ask her out? Did I hit you too hard?" Sunghoon was growing loud with annoyance.

"Yeah, you did," I whined rubbing the swelling bump, "But hear me out. I don't want to date her, I can promise you that. But, I can show you how sincere she is when she turns me down."

Sunghoon pondered on that thought for a moment and seemed into my devised plan.

"What if she says yes?" 

"She won't,"

"How would you know?"

"I'm not her type, clearly. Her standards are too high even for her," I laughed at my self deprecating joke.

If there was anything I had learnt about Amy, it was that she was too unrealistic. She wanted things that everyone knew she couldn't achieve. As bad as it sounded, a billionaire owner of a green energy corporation was a far stretch for a straight C student. However, I wasn't about to crap on her ambitions. After all, she had shown a huge change in attitude towards her studies. 

"Okay, fine. What do we do?" 

I called Sunghoon on his phone which he answered with his AirPods in. I hid our phones under my books and told Sunghoon to go sit behind the bookshelf, out of sight. In a way, we had wired out study table. Was it devious? Yes. Was it manipulative? Maybe. Amy would never find out and in the end I can prove that she isn't a terrible person. Hopefully then Jake won't avoid studying with us. 

After a few minutes, Amy returned with with our drinks. She smiled and handed mine over. We sat and sipped on our drinks for a few moments whilst initiating some small talk. Out of the blue, Amy grabbed my drink out of my hand and place it on the table. She reached over and slipped her hand into mine. It was a common habit of hers when we were on study breaks. 

Since I had realised that Amy was a rebound, my interest in her shrank massively. However, I was sure that she was true to her kind personality. 

"Why do you do that?" I asked with a nervous laugh. 

"Your hands are so nice to hold, "she hummed. Her thumb stroked the back of my hand soothingly. I admit that it felt nice and warm, but I was drifting away from the plan. I pulled away, causing Amy to frown.

"Uh hey, I wanted to ask you something," I broke the moment.

"Anything, Jay. Ask away,"

"Do you... want to go somewhere nice? With... me?" I stuttered nervously. Even though I was only pretending, I had never asked a girl out before. I wasn't even sure if this was how you were supposed to do it. Either way, I was trying my best for the sake of the plan.