15: true intentions

"𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧,"

~🌙~

I awoke to the sun beaming through the window shutters and scattering amongst the room. My eyelids were still heavy and begging for more sleep, but my loud stomach called me to get up. I lifted my head off the pillow and eyed the sleeping six figures surrounding me. They were all splayed across each other like pigs in a sty.

Even though my grandmother owned such a grand estate, it was not nearly enough to individually room seven teenaged boys. To compromise, we shared two kingsized mattresses in the living room - which was quite a generous fit for us all. 

I moved to sit up, but was halted by Ni-ki's tight hold across my torso. This child.  I peeled his arm off my body carefully to not wake him. Thankfully, he stirred and turned to wrap himself around Sunoo instead. I stayed for a second to silently laugh at their unconscious behaviour, maybe even snapping a few pictures. 

Making my way to the kitchen, I had already heard voices coming through the walls. The remainder of my family must have already awoken. I prepared myself to greet them, however was slightly curious as to the muffled tones of their voices. It seemed like they were yelling at each other. But why? And why so early in the morning? 

"Are you kidding me, mother! You said it was an emergency! That you were DYING!" My mother stressed.

"Well I am dear. I'm in my old age and I can feel myself becoming weaker as the days go by-,"

"Oh stop! You manipulated me into bringing my son and his friends across the globe for this? Not to mention the money I had to spend? I'm just a working class parent, you know.  You must be mental to pull something as twisted as this," 

I flinched at the sudden harshness in her words. I hadn't heard her talk in such a tone since my father decided to become a travelling business man. Whatever the issue was, I wanted to be by her side, but I still had no idea what they were talking about. I pressed my ear closer to the kitchen door and listened further into the conversation.

"Maybe I am, but this is all for a good cause! This corporate party is big and your son and his friends will benefit this. Not to mention I will be able to make a big business deal! We need this darling," my grandmother pleaded. 

"You are just like your son," 

My grandmother gasped and there was a brief silence, followed by a hard slapping noise. 

"Never compare me to that son of mine. Wherever he may be, I would never abandon family. A family that you are a part of now. Jongseong and I are your family and we will be going ahead with this plan as soon as their pretty little heads wake up,"