27: i miss you

"𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞," 

~🌙 ~

Lunch was the same as usual. We'd eat, talk, complain about our day and laugh at each other being silly. Sunghoon and Sunoo would bicker about something new like they did every day. Ni-ki would sit across from me and mimic everything I did if he found it funny. Jake and Heeseung shared food - often talking about what ramyeon they were going to eat before bed. Jungwon just sat there giggling at everyone. There was nothing physically wrong with those forty-five minutes, but still it felt empty.

Sunghoon grabbed my backpack, whilst Jake helped me into my crutches. For a gentle guy, his hands were surely not. He grabbed my elbows with a tight grip and slipped my arms into the crutches like he was stuffing a chicken. I wouldn't be surprised if he left a bruise. 

"You all set?" he asked with a thumbs up.

"Might have a few bruises but yes. Let's go," I spoke and we head off to class. We didn't talk much on the way there, unlike how Hyerin and I would. She was really good at talking. There wasn't a second left silent and even if there was it didn't feel awkward. I was used to being with the boys 24/7 so the quietness wasn't painful, though I felt the need to talk. 

"So are you prepared for this weeks English lesson?" I asked. The two looked at me strangely as if I wasn't speaking to them in Korean. 

"Why do you ask?" Jake was puzzled, "You should already know the answer." 

"It's always the same, Jay-ah. Jake: yes, me: no," Sunghoon pointed out, using his fingers to demonstrate. I nodded at their plain answers and was met with another bleeding silence. 

"The homework was a bit harder this week," I mentioned and Sunghoon agreed. Jake didn't say anything, but I could see the smirk on his lips. I was glad that he didn't gloat about being able to speak English well. It was quite charming to see him at the top of the class rankings every semester. 

"It was tricky," Jake lied, "The sixth question really got me." 

He rubbed his temples and shook his head. I gave him a strange look as I witnessed his horrible acting. Meanwhile, Sunghoon doubled over in laughter.

"Question 6? You mean the easiest one because all you had to do was circle YES or NO?" 

"I mean it was-," 

"Stop lying already!" I choked out in between fits of laughter. Jake looked defeated and accepted the L. 

"I should stop trying to relate to you guys," he sighed, nudging my arm slightly. 

"It's fine. It's just funny to see you act. You're always so dramatic," I joked. 

"Not as dramatic as you though,"