25: mediator

"𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧?"

~🌙~

I chewed lightly, savouring the taste of the food. Hot soup with chicken and vegetables was a dream as a hospital patient. It was by far the best meal that they served, but it was only so good. It warmed my throat soothingly and filled my rumbling stomach. 

"It's like you haven't eaten in days," Sunghoon chuckled as he spooned more of the food in my mouth.

"I wait until its soup day. Everything else is gross," I chewed and swallowed before asking him, "Why do you insist on feeding me? It's not like I broke my hands."

Sunghoon frowned at me, dropping the spoon in its bowl with a loud bang. 

"Yah! Do you know how badly I wanted to do this when you were lying there not moving? Do you know how bad I felt? We were told you weren't going to make it and all I wanted is for you to wake up so I could feed you. I even-,"

"Arasseo, arasseo. I'll have more chicken please, Eomma," I teased him and he just rolled his eyes. 

Whilst he fed me, we talked more about the whole Hyerin situation. I was surprised to find out that Sunghoon and Hyerin decided to not to pursue anything more than friendship. Why? It turned out that Hyerin was not his type. She was a busy girl with many priorities and responsibilities: a business woman in the making. Knowing Sunghoon, I already knew they wouldn't click. He needed a girl who was independent, but laid back and lived a simpler life. A life without stress for either of them and for the relationship. 

Wouldn't that be a dream? 

Of course, he knew that the reality of that was slim. He wasn't about to go searching for his dream girl and instead looked to vibe and let things happen the way they should. 

"I'm sorry it didn't work out man," I said with another mouthful. 

"Don't apologise, Jay-ah. It was a good feeling while it lasted and we did have a good time. It just wasn't the right time for either of us, even if I did say I'd wait for her," Sunghoon looked defeated and I gave him a comforting pat. 

"Why did you say that to her if the real reason you didn't want to date her was because of me?" 

"She looked disappointed and because I did really like her. Part of me thought that if I had spoken to you and I got your permission, we could date," he looked away, "It was a selfish thought - I know. That's why I felt so bad and stuff..."

"I get it," I nodded. There was a short silence as we delved into our own thoughts. Sunghoon was the first to break it. 

"Will you date her?"