8: 2nd first

"𝐃𝐨 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐛𝐲 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧,"

~🌙~

"A C?" Heeseung sounded astounded by the news. He even looked up from his book in surprise. His lips twitched as if he was about to laugh, but once he saw my unamused face he stopped himself.

"Yes, just a C," I sighed in defeat. I got out my lunch and threw it angrily on the table. I was not happy with my grade and I was finished trying to hide it. I knew Jake felt the same, but he wouldn't show his emotions. 

"It's alright, Jay hyung," Sunoo said, rubbing my shoulders.

"It's just one grade," Jungwon joined in, "as long as you know where you went wrong and how to better next time, that is all that matters."

I smiled and agreed with him. For a fifteen year old, Jungwon was very wise and motivating. He always said the right things when you wanted to hear them. At times he would show up out of nowhere and give you the advice you need, before you even knew you needed it. He kept the group together during harder times. Whilst getting a bad grade wasn't detrimental, his comfort was well appreciated. 

"What went wrong?" Heeseung asked. I looked at Jake who simultaneously looked at me. We both were not in the mood to explain. So, we both looked to Sunghoon who sighed in front of us. 

"Their third partner didn't do as well on the project. It brought their entire grade down," he said handing over his sandwich, "It's a shame cause their project was one of the best to me."

"Thanks, Sunghoonie," I said patting his back. He gave me a wide smile and two thumbs up. His supportiveness brightened my spirits. At least he thought our project was good. 

"Ahhh~ Don't worry, 2J. There's always next time," Heeseung hyung saluted to us before picking his book back up. 

"Agreed," Sunoo smiled. 

I guess it wasn't so bad. There are other people in the class who are failing, so I should at least be grateful for a passing grade. I took it on the chin and ate my lunch. 

"Jay-ah, I think I will treat us to some smoothies," Jake said as he got up, "Any preference?"

"Strawberry," 

"Got it! What do you think Amy would like?" 

"I don't know.." I trailed off, "You want to get her one?"

"She's part of our group. It wouldn't be fair," Jake reasoned. I sighed and nodded. 

Jake came back from the cafe with three smoothies. One strawberry, one banana and a caramel frappe.

"That's not a smoothie bro," I pointed out amusingly. 

"Well duh," he rolled his eyes. He pushed the caramel frappe into my hand and pointed towards a table. I looked to where he was pointing and saw Amy sat at a table with another two girls. 

"Give it to her," he commanded.

"Why me?"

"You like her,"

"No, I don't"

"You do," 

"Stop it-," 

"Just give it already," the other guys said almost simultaneously. I glared at Jake who shrugged his shoulders cutely. I took the frappe and walked towards where Amy was sat. She was sat with two other girls. One had a short and curly bob cut and round glasses. The other had low pigtails and bright red lipstick on. They had very opposing personas but they seemed like the kind of people Amy would fit in with. 

"A C? That's so good!" the pigtailed girl screamed in joy. 

"I know! You were saved by those boys," the other followed. 

"Thanks to them, I won't get kicked out of the school, which is a relief because I'm sure my dad used my birthday money to bribe my teacher," Amy said casually. My eyebrows knotted together from overhearing their conversation. She bribed the teacher? That's one way to cheat the system. 

"Are you gonna date one of them?" 

"Hell no. I faked a crush on Jay, which Jake caught on to. They're both cute but Jay was really annoying. A bit of a pushover too," Amy yawned. 

Me, a pushover?

"Wow, that's a first. You're not even going to try and sleep with him?" 

"Nahh, not really worth my time," Amy laughed. 

The three of them screamed and stood up from their chairs, probably because I dropped the caramel frappe and it splashed all over their legs. I'd say it was an accident, but I would be lying. 

"Oh my god my bag!" Amy yelled, picking up her designed satchel that was now drenched in liquid. I tried to hide my smirk and stood there faking an apologetic look. 

"Jay? Are you crazy?" 

"No, but are you?" 

"What the heck are you talking about?" she yelled. 

"Bribing a teacher for good grades? You must be really desperate," I spat at her. 

"Mr. Park!" a teacher shouted. He marched towards us, eyeing the mess that I had made. 

"I'm hoping that this was an accident," he scolded pointing at the coffee covered floor. I turned to look at Amy and smiled at her, unapologetically. 

"Of course, sir," I lied. 

"Will you help clean this up then?"

I nodded and grabbed some napkins from the trolley near the lunch queue. I may have lingered a bit longer waiting for Mr Son to leave before making my way back to the table. 

"Can you hurry up? The caramel is making my skin sticky," Amy complained in a whiny voice. I gave her one last stare before throwing the tissues all over the floor. 

"Clean your own mess up," I grunted angrily, "I may just be someone you used for a grade, but at least I'm smart enough to pass my classes. I don't need my dad to pay my way through school. That in itself is pathetic."

"You have no idea what you're-,"

"I do have an idea. You're manipulative, two-faced and rude. I actually pity you for having to go to such extreme measures to get one passing grade," 

"You shut up right now!" she screamed getting people's attention. 

"Okay, whatever. Talking to you isn't really worth my time, anyways," I pushed my backpack up my shoulder, turning around to leave," Oh, and Amy? Anyone who'd sleep with you, would only be doing it for the sex. You're not as high end as you think you are," I finished. 

The boys had watched all the commotion and rushed over. I assured them I was alright and told them that we should leave. We all walked out, not looking back at the girls who were screaming after me in anger. 

"Are you sure you're okay?" Jake whispered to me. 

"It hurts being rejected like that for the first time, but what she did was horrid. I'd much rather stay single for the rest of my life than be with a girl like her."