34: gossiper

"𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐬," 

~🌙~

((t/w brief mention of topics relating to sexual intercourse and teenage pregnancy))

The next school day was a minefield. After the scene that was caused yesterday, who knew what would be circling everyone's mouths. Nonetheless, I was prepared for it. I would normally ignore gossip anyways, but something inside me told me that it would be harder to deal with today. Part of it was because I was tired.

I couldn't sleep at all last night. I tossed, turned and cried until my eyes felt so heavy. I succumbed to about two hours at a maximum.  Believe me, I had no energy to deal with anyone's bull crap today. 

And like I expected, it started as soon as I entered the main doors. A group of girls glanced at me before huddling in a whisper. Two guys walked up to me with a fist bump which I ignored gladly. Even teachers avoided my gaze and didn't give their polite, routine 'good morning's. I payed no mind to it. After all, I was here to study and not entertain the school.

"Isn't it the guys fault if the girl got pregnant?" one girl said a bit too loudly. 

"Yeah! Since it's you know their-," 

"I'm going to stop you right there," 

I stopped in the midst of their talking and made my way towards their group. They looked pleased to have caught my attention. 

"Hi, Jongseong," one girl flirted sarcastically, "Or should I say father-to-be?"

They erupted in annoying, high pitched laughter that felt so fake that I grimaced at the sound of it. 

"I'm not going to feed your disgusting need to bully other people by wasting my breath with an argument," I glared at them making sure to eye them all individually, "But believe what you want to believe. If I have it my way, I'll make sure you get the same treatment back."

Their smiles instantly fell and I could sense the imaginary fear I just placed between them. Of course, I was a model student and would never stoop down to their level. However, the only way to stop bullies like that was to beat them at their own game.

"Good day," with that I pushed past their barricade and made my way to class. 

I had english first, and like always, Jake and Sunghoon instantly waved at me from our table. Last week we got to pick new seats and the four of us commandeered the back table. Jake and Sunghoon sat on one side and Hyerin and I on the other. My mood dropped as I remembered that I'd be sitting alone on my side of the table from now on. But I went on with a plastered smile.