41: exams exams exams

"𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞,"

~🌙 ~

More than anything, I wanted to get my head into the right mind frame ready for my exams. With all the chaos of almost being expelled and a whole ass court trial - my life needed to calm the heck down. The only thing I could do to help that was to study. 

And that's what I did. 

On my own and occasionally with the guys, I studied. For hours. My eyes didn't know sleep, in fact the word sleep was stripped from my vocabulary. I spent every waking moment studying bar a few hours for when Jungwon wanted to eat ice cream. I knew I was overloading myself, but I couldn't stop thinking of the benefit. Passing my exams with flying colours. 

The days passed by and sooner or later, it was the date of my first exam. 

"Are you nervous?" Heeseung hyung threw an arm around my shoulder. 

"Not really," I said with a confident grin. Heeseung laughed, fully knowing that I was more than prepared for this exam. 

"I can't believe you asked him that, hyung," Sunghoon joined in, "It's like we haven't seen him in weeks."

"We studied together last night!"

"I mean the fun, energetic Jay. Recently all we had was boring, boring and annoying, Jay," Sunghoon moped and I smacked his arm. 

"Kidding!" 

I shook my head at their teasing and knew they were only doing so to relax the room. Jake was a nervous wreck though. He studied way more efficiently than me and I knew he was more intelligent, but he hated the exam setting: the quiet, sitting alone on one singular desk. It felt quite controlling and suffocating that it would affect his exam flow. 

"If only we could do exams in our classrooms," Jake muttered. His hands held all his equipment, shaking from nerves.

"They would have to create another grade higher than an A just for you, because we all know you'd do well," I replied. 

"Of course," Jake smirked, acknowledging his smarts, "The hall won't have air conditioning, right? It might make me nauseous,"

"That's a load of crap and you know it," Sunghoon piped up with a surprised laugh, "You're going in there and doing the exam with all of us."

Sunghoon pushed Jake into the exam queue with much force and Heeseung hyung and I enjoyed seeing Sunghoon struggle. I sighed knowing that it would be me doing this tomorrow and Heeseung the day after. We organised a special rota so that Jake wouldn't find an excuse to leave. We were all set on passing. 

Once we arrived in the queue it was silent - the dreaded noise that Jake hated. His face already looked green and we had only been stood here for two minutes.