39: courthouse pt 1

"𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐝,"

"𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐝,"

~🌙 ~

8:53 am.

I straightened my tie and looked at my newly ironed form in the mirror. There I was, Saturday morning, in my best clothes to attend a stupid court trial. No matter how much we argued there was no way to avoid it. The people at the top of the chain had already spent their precious money and we couldn't waste that by cancelling. 

I ran a comb through my hair once more, slicking it back away from my face. 

"Are you ready?" Eomma called from the door.

"Do you want my honest answer?" I huffed jokingly. She smiled sympathetically and took my hand.

"We will win this case so don't worry. All you need to do is stay calm and tell the truth. Your lawyer will take it from there," she comforted and I accepted her words. One day out of my life to argue for our innocent. I would rather do that than fuss about with anything else.

9:32 am.

We were sat at our table, you know, the ones at the front of the courtroom. They had the three of us sat next to each other and our lawyer on the end. The others were also very well suited, but their faces didn't match anything. Jake's lip quivered in panic and Sunghoon's leg wouldn't stop shaking under the table. 

We would all take the stand today and protest our version of the story. I heard that going up there is a different world. All eyes are on you and listening to your voice. There is so much pressure that you might just slip. We really needed to keep our cool today.

10:00am.

"All rise," the judge entered and we all stood. This was it. My heart was working twenty times as fast whilst Amy was sat on the opposite side relaxed as ever. She looked like she had no care in the world, much like a spoilt child. Truthfully, that was what she was and the fact she got this far with her money showed how corrupt things really were.

"Would you like to present your cases?" the judge announced and our lawyer stepped up to take centre. I held my breath hoping that we could trust her enough to vouch for our innocence. 

"Park Sunghoon, Sim Jaeyun and Park Jongseong are three high ranking students, currently in their final year of high school. They have recently been studying for their final exams, which included helping Kim Amy," she paused to glance at Amy and her lawyer and then continued, "She presented herself as a friend to my clients and they willingly accepted her despite having betrayed their trust once in the past before. They had no bad intentions that their allegations suggest. Your Honour, I am here to argue that this court session is not necessary. My clients are hard working students that have been failed by the injustice of the upper class and a female student who is wrongfully determined to get her way. That is all."