49: so many firsts

"𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮,"

~🌙 ~

My first date with Hyerin. 

It was summer now and we had the freedom to spend our time how we please. The guys had made a bucket list of activities to go through before we went to college, but I had my own with Hyerin. She didn't know about it yet, however. I wanted to surprise her and spoil her this summer to make up for all the crappy events we went through in our final year of high school. I felt that she deserved to make some happier memories of Seoul before starting a new chapter. 

"Eomma! Please can you pack the strawberries? They're in the fridge," I called out to my mother as I tied my sneakers. Picking out my outfit for today was harder than my exams. I wanted to make a good impression but give off that boyfriend vibe.

I decided to wear a white t-shirt with a grey-ish button up over the top. I wore some black jeans and converse high tops as well. I sprayed on some cologne and ran some gel through my hair. Not to brag, but I looked hella fine. 

"Jongseong!" my mother responded. I rushed into the kitchen to see her packing the box into my picnic basket. She shook her head at me and huffed. 

"What is it?" 

"You're going on your first date and yet I still have to prepare for you? You are eighteen! You should be doing that by yourself," she complained as she handed me the basket. 

"I'm sorry, I'm just running late," I gave my mother a quick kiss on the cheek before heading for the front door. 

"Tsk. I won't be doing this for you next time, Jay. You're not my little boy anymore," 

"You won't be saying that when I marry her," I chuckled under my breath. Apparently, I didn't say that quiet enough and my mother picked up on my comment.

"Marriage?!"

"Bye, Eomma! I love you!" I comedically bid her goodbye and head off in the direction of Hyerin's apartment complex. 

An eight minute walk later and I could see her waiting by the front patiently. From afar she looked as gorgeous as I remember. Her hair was down; the way I liked it. A cream oversized, knitted jumper hung on her shoulders which she paired with a white pleated skirt. She also wore some white converse high tops. 

"Hyerin-ah!" 

When she noticed me, a huge grin grew on her face. She ran over to me and threw herself into my arms. I was caught off guard at the sudden contact, but her familiar warmth soothed me. I wrapped an arm around her body, making sure not to jostle the picnic basket in my other hand. 

"What took you so long?" Hyerin pouted, pretending to be sad. 

"I'm like a minute late! I would have been sooner, but I wanted to make sure you had a bounty of food to taste with me today,"