27

Bakugou's POV:

He had never run so fast in his life.

When he and Todoroki made it back to the entrance of UA there was an insane amount of commotion. Police officers, teachers, and a large group of students were all gathered together. 

He spotted Kirishima near the edge of the crowd and stopped next to him. 

"Where is she?"

Kirishima pointed to where a group of officers were standing. "She's with Mr. Aizawa right now, the police want to take her in for questioning, but the teachers are insisting that she goes to recovery girl first to make sure there's no damage that isn't visible."

"She really doesn't look hurt?"

"Nah bro, I mean she's obviously upset and probably mentally messed up. But physically she looks fine."

Bakugou pushed his way further to the front of the crowd, shouts came from a couple of the teachers.

"This can wait until tomorrow! We have no idea what may have happened and she needs to be examined!"

"Sir, we need to speak with her while the memories are fresh. We have been hunting the League for some time now and if we are able to determine their location before they make a run for it, that would be extremely helpful to our investigation."

Finally, Principal Nezu stepped in. "Officers, with all due respect Y/N is under our custody. Legally you cannot make us release her to you right away without proper cause. We will have her examined and once we are sure she is healthy, we will take her to tell you the details of what happened."

A few more words were passed, but eventually, the police seemed to agree and began to get back into their cars.

Bakugou looked through the group of teachers, trying to get a  glimpse of you. Just to have the reassurance that this was real, he needed to see you, needed to see for himself that you were ok.

And then you stepped out from the crowd. 

Relief flooded through him as you looked around. You were in the same clothes you had been taken in, although they looked pretty torn up. 

Mr. Aizawa put his hand on your shoulder and leaned down to speak to you. He saw you nod and the two of you began walking towards the main building.

He wanted to talk to you, he nearly began running after you.

But then you looked over your shoulder, and the two of you made eye contact for a split second.

The look in your eyes stopped him dead in his tracks. 

On the surface, it looked like you were tired and afraid, and it may have been his imagination, but there was a gleam of excitement there too. As if something had just begun.

When you looked at him, your emotions didn't change. There was no anger or joy, in fact, you barely seemed interested in him at all.

You turned your head back and continued walking with Mr. Aizawa. 

He stared after you, a mix of feelings swirling in his chest.

Someone walked up next to him. "I'm so glad she made it back. It's super lucky that she managed to escape from the villains twice. And without any help from the heroes too! She's impressive as hell."

He brushed past Kaminari. "Yeah...impressive."

-------------------------------------

Toga's POV: