Chapter 39: An Uncoventional Outing

It was early in October on a Saturday when Sunohara arrived at the front side of the Faculty Office. He was called by his teacher just as homeroom ended. "So what was it that you wanted to speak about?" Sunohara asks his homeroom teacher, "I haven't done anything wrong have I?"

"Has of recently, no. But I still remember you and Okazaki skipping classes a week ago. You were in the Reference Room with a kid, weren't you?"

"...Oh, did I?" Sunohara faked a smile and turned away.

"There's no denying that you've done that. But I also can't deny that you've been coming to school more recently like Okazaki." The teacher looks around the office, "But unlike you, he ran away. So anyway, I'd like to talk to you about your future plans. Wait here while I check my stuff." He said turning and heading to his desk.

"Future plans, huh?" Sunohara repeats to himself while waiting where he stood.

Outside the office, Sakura walked through the hall and looked into the office from the back. Noticing Sunohara in the front, she enters from the front right side. "So you did come here after all."

Sunohara turns to her. "Oh hey. I thought you were going to leave."

"I was, but I came since I wanted to see why you were called."

"Nothing. I was called because he wanted to speak to me about my future plans." Sunohara says looking at his teacher

"That must be why Okazaki left fast today."

Sunohara chuckled, "Nagisa-chan sure does someone to deal with, doesn't she?"

"You're just the same." Sakura said, walking up and standing near him.

"All right, I'm ready." The teacher comes back from his desk, and had his bag in his hand. "Kimura, you were here?"

"I just came in."

"Ah, so you managed to stop him from running?"

"I wasn't planning on running."

"He wasn't." Sakura seconded. "So you're going to speak to him about his future plans?"

"That is right. Oh, why don't you come, too? Since you and him have become rather close and all." The teacher says. "If it is how I'm seeing it, that is."

"....Uh." Sakura turned red and looked down while Sunohara was just himself. "...It is true..."

"So it is. Okay, let's go then." The teacher leads them out of the office. "So you're the reason Sunohara's like this now, huh? It must be tough to keep him in his tracks."

"I do my best." Sakura smiles.

"Hey!"

"Oh you know it's true."

They later arrive at one of the counseling offices and enter. Sunohara and Sakura sat at the couch while their teacher sat on a single chair across them. In between them was a low brown table. "Okay, let's see..." He placed his bag down on the table, opened it and took out two documents, and then handed one to sun and then one to Sakura. "Here it is," It was one of those 'future plan' papers. One had Youhei's name while the other had Sakura's. Sunohara's paper said 'In progress' while Sakura's own was blank.

"In progress?" Sakura said, looking from the paper to Sunohara. "What does that mean?"

"It means what it means." Sunohara replies with a broad smile. "I have something coming up."

"Is that some kind of vague answer that's gonna lead to nothing?"

"No, it isn't. And if I did, at least I'd have something unlike you."