Chapter 26: The Past and the Present

The day of the School Festival had arrived, and it was now Saturday. In the morning of the day, the members of the Drama Club met up in their club room. They were all sitting together with interconnected desks in the middle of the room, with the exception of Nagisa who was sitting at the side near the windows.

"Uwahh..." Sunohara yawns, "I'm sleepy..."

"You have no sense of nervousness, do you?" Kyou uttered.

Ryou looks over at Nagisa, "Is something wrong?"

"She's just nervous about the show, right?" Tomoya remarks, but Sunohara noticed something different.

"Hey." He says in a whisper. "She's acting odd. Did something happen?"

"Yeah, something happened. But act normal around her, okay?"

Sunohara got up walked over to her. "Hey, president, let me teach you a charm of wisdom. All you do is write a character on your three times and swallow it. Person, person, person."

"Sunohara-kun. That says 'enter' not 'person." Kotomi corrects him.

"It's the thought that counts!"

"Youhei." Kyou added in. "If you can't write characters then don't even try."

"C'mon. I'm just trying to give her some help."

"How can you help someone if you can't even spell?"

"I'm doing this to lighten up the moment. Stop making me look like a complete fool!" Sunohara exclaims, leaning forward and glaring at her.

"Hey, the performance is this afternoon. Want to walk around for a while?" Okazaki asks the club.

"Oh right, I'm gonna go check on my little sister." Sunohara says.

"Well, I guess we're on our own till the performance." Kyou proclaims. The group then went their separate ways. Sakura had followed Sunohara out of the old building and found Mei on the first floor, near the shoe lockers, looking at a sign.

"Mei." Youhei calls her. Mei turns to the voice and saw her brother and Sakura.

"Ah, it's you guys!" Mei said as she walked over to them, excitedly, "It's nice to see you again."

"It sure is, even though it's only been weeks since you came here." Sunohara said.

"It sure has been like that," Mei looked at the brunette, "But it's not the same for Sakura-san!" she said with a grin, "I'm so excited to see you again!

"I feel the same," Sakura smiled placing her head atop of Mei's head, "We didn't really get to talk that much last time." Sakura removed her hand from her head.

"Well, let's go check around." Sunohara suggests, taking out a pamphlet, "Where do you guys wanna go first?"

"Oh, let's go try and play some of those games up stairs." Sakura suggests, moving near Sunohara and pointing at a spot on the pamphlet.

"Sure, let's go." Sunohara went and lead the way.

"So, with you guys being able to perform at today's festival, it must've meant that the basketball match worked." Mei said.

"Not exactly." Sakura replies.

"What do you mean?"

"The match did convince the Choir Club, to share. But then the Student Council didn't allow the sharing of advisors." Sakura explains.

"So what happened then?"

"Well, a lot happened actually..." Sunohara responds, looking at Sakura nervously.