Chapter 36: Her Whereabouts

"Hello, everyone," Yukine greeted Okazaki, Nagisa, Sunohara and Sakura as they entered the Reference Room. It was a Wednesday afternoon, and classes were over. Yukine was wearing her uniform, but had an white apron and a white headwear on her hair.

"Thank you very much. It's nice to be here." says Nagisa. All the four third-years took their seat at the table in room. Yukine took four cups from her cupboard and poured prepared tea her upperclassmen, placing it in front of them complete with coasters. "Please enjoy."

"I sure will," Sunohara took the cup of tea and sipped from it.

"So what's with the getup?" Okazaki asks Yukine.

"I was just preparing some food," Yukine replies, facing towards the counter. She was cooking fried rice in a pan on a gas stove. On the counter there also was a small rice cooker, and a microwave.

"Why is there a gas stove in here?" Okazaki asks.

"Even things that aren't books are placed in here." She replied.

"This place really is the best." Sunohara says, placing his cups of tea down onto the coaster, "The feelings I get when I come here are just great. Good tea with nice aroma, and nice girl. It really is great."

"Thank you very much. You all are lovely company." Yukine replies.

"It is fun to be here." said Nagisa.

"What about you? Doesn't it get boring to be here alone everyday?" Asked Okazaki.

"Not at all. Since I frequently have visitors." Yukine replies, taking the pan and transferring its contents into a paper plate.

"It's not everyday you find someone that is this nice," Sunohara said.

Suddenly, one of the windows near Yukine opens up. A hand grabbed the frame of the window following a bruised up large man, who was apparently calling for Yukine. "Y-Yuki-nee....!" The four third-years at the table were all visibly surprised.

"S-Sudou-san!" Yukine calls out the man who she seemingly knew. She helped him come into the room and placed him near the shelves, "Sudou-san, are you okay?"

The four third-years got up from their chairs to look at the scenario, dumfounded. "...?" Sakura blinked twice and turned to the other three, "What is this?"

"That's what I'm wondering." Sunohara responds, keeping his eyes on Yukine and the man. "This is the school's Reference Room, right?"

"I think it is." Tomoya responds, with the same confused look as the others.

"...Because of me...our gang lost the fight. I can't go back to them. So starting now, I'm on my own... So I wanted to say goodbye before I go." Said the man.

"You mustn't say things like that." Yukine kindly spoke to the man. "If you leave, everyone will miss you. I would too."

"Yuki-nee..."

"I'll teach you a charm." She took the man's hands and placed each of them on both sides of his face; his left hand was on his right and his right hand was on is left. "Now say, "I'm always looking at you from the side" three times."

The man repeated her words and then smiled. "I feel good now."

"What fast recovery." Okazaki said.

Sakura was still staring at the situation with a blank expression. "How is this guy affiliated with Yukine?" She asks her friends.

"I'm not sure." Tomoya replies.

After helping the bruised up man, Yukine tended the man's wounds fed him some of the fried rice she had cooked at the table. Tomoya and the others also returned to their seats. "I always say that you shouldn't fight..." Said Yukine.