Chapter 29: An Interesting Person

It was in the middle of June of 1998 on a Sunday afternoon when a white car stopped at a parking space in front of a 4-story apartment complex. The door from the driver's seat opened and a young woman came out. She had short brown hair that fell in front of her shoulders. She closes the door and turns to the back seat, "We're here."

The door behind the driver's seat opens and a young girl with brunette hair came out. The girl was Kimura Sakura. She stood around 5'2", had blue eyes and her hair reached down to the upper part of her back. She also had a sakura petal hair pin on the front left side of her hair near her bangs. The lady was her aunt, Kimura Kuriko. "So this where you live...? Wow...it looks nice...." she says, looking at apartment complex and then down at the ground.

"Thanks." The lady replies, looking at the young girl. She frowns, but worked up a smile, "I'll go and get your stuff out, okay?" she goes to the back of the car, opens the trunk and took out a roller bag. "Here you go."

"Thanks..." She took the roller bag, placed it on the ground and extended the handle.

"Let's head up to my place now, okay?"

"All right..." Sakura nods and follows her aunt. They head out of the parking lot and head to the side of the building where there was a staircase. It went up and lead to the four floors of the building. As they approached the staircase a young girl walked down the steps. She looked around the same age as Sakura, and had long light brown hair and brown colored eyes.

"Hey there." The young girl greeted.

"'Afternoon. You heading out?" The young lady says to the girl.

"Yes. I'm just going to head to the store." The girl replies, turning to the brunette. "Who is she?"

"O-Oh" Sakura's eyes widened and she slightly bowed her head, "...I'm Kimura Sakura..."

"My niece." Kuriko explains, motioning to her, "She's going to be staying with me for a while."

"I see. Well, it's nice to meet you. I'm Tajami Ayame."

"Yes, it's nice to meet you..." Sakura nodded to her.

"All right, well, I'll be heading off." With that, the girl named Tajami Ayame walked off, leaving the property of the complex.

"Let's go, dear." Kuriko begins to head up the stairs. Sakura follows after her.

"Um, who is she?"

"Ayame. She and her family have been here since I began living here a while back. They're just a floor above us, and they've been friendly ones."

"Oh, I see."

They went up the stairs until they made it to the 3rd floor, and they stopped at an apartment. It was about four doors away from the staircase. "Here we go." Sakura's aunt opens up the door and stepped aside. "Go on in."

Sakura took her bag with her and entered the apartment. Inside in front of the entrance was a small hall, and a shoe rack to the side where there were a few shoes neatly placed, and a closed umbrella. A bit ahead past the tatami flooring and to the right was a door, and there was also another one to her left. Ahead was the living room where there was a couch, a small table in front of it, and in the back of it were transparent doors that lead to the balcony. The interior was medium sized and was Western styled. A table that could hold at least four people was located near the kitchen. To the left were more doors in close proximity of each other, which Sakura could only assume could be the bathroom, her aunt's room, and a closet, or another room. "Wow, this is quite the place... It sure is different from home."

"It sure is... Come, I'll show to your room." Sakura was lead back to the rooms near the entrance. There were two rooms. One on the left hall and other on the right. "This was supposed to be your brother's." Kuriko opens the door to the left, "But since he decided to stay back, I guess it's just going to be empty." She then opens the one on the right. "This is yours."