Chapter 49: Her Leave

"So, you're actually going to go?" Ayame was in Sakura's room, watching her pack up her stuff into her roller bag. It was Wednesday, around 7:02 in the morning. It was the day Sakura was to leave the city of Hikarizaka to check back in her home in Kawasaki.

"Yes..." She replies with a weak nod. She places the last of the clothes she was bringing into the roller bag and zipped it up.

"So when are you going to go?"

"Later today, in the afternoon." She answers, sitting down on her bed.

"I see..." Ayame sighs and sits down next to the brunette, "It all seemed like it was going well... Why did it have to be like this?"

"I know it's unfortunate, but things happen."

"I known that."

"So, don't get mad at Youhei, okay? It's not his fault it turned out this way."

"Don't worry, I know. And besides, I believe he's already hurt enough to know what he just did. So what about school?"

"I'm already good on grades and tests. My brother will be handling the other paperwork while I'm back there."

"So will you be coming back for grad?"

"I really am not sure about that. Makoto didn't really mention it..."

"I see..." Ayame checks the clock in the room, "Well, I better get ready for school. Want me to say anything?"

"...Tell Youhei to go to the station after school. I want to see him before I go..."

"All right, I'll tell him. See you later then." Ayame heads out of the room and closes the door.

At school, in Class D, Sunohara sat his desk with his head down, clear with regret with the decision he made. He brought his head up and looked at Sakura's empty desk. "She's actually going to go..."

Okazaki enters the class and takes his seat, "Hey, man. You okay?"

"Not really..."

"Did something happen?" He looks at the empty seat in front of him.

"Yesterday, I told her to go..." Sunohara covers his face with his left hand.

"And she didn't take it well." Tomoya responds in a sympathetic tone.

Sunohara nods, "Right after speaking to her, she just ran away from me. She didn't even say anything..."

"Did you see her this morning?"

"I couldn't bring myself to see her at the dorm... I believe she's at her dorm preparing her things. I think she's going to be leaving today to check things out at Kawasaki."

"Already?" Okazaki replies, his eyes widening. "And you didn't say anything else?"

"Yesterday was the last time we talked... Maybe if she's still here after school, I'll go and see her."

"Wow, that's sudden."

"I know it is..."

When classes later started, everything said by the teacher and other students all went past Sunohara. He couldn't even listen as he kept his eyes on the empty desk near him. Lunch break later came. As students when on their way do their thing, Sunohara went on out on his own.

"I'll be heading there myself, Okazaki." Sunohara says, leaving the class. As he walked out the door, Ryou tried calling out to him.

"Uh, wait, Sunohara-kun, I have something to ask you." She steps out of the class to say that, but he keeps on going. "Hmm..."