Chapter 10: A Class of Friends

"Hey, you're here. I didn't see you after lunch break yesterday." Sakura said in surprise as she met him in class.

"Why, are you finally worried about me?" Sunohara says, hopeful.

"Why are you thinking like that? It's not like that."

"I can dream, can't I? ...What happened was that that damn Tomoyo beat me again." He said with a shadowy expression. "...Not even playing with her made her open."

"So, what are you going to do now?"

"I'm done." Sunohara replies, looking at his childhood friend with an exhausted expression. "I think Tomoyo is a girl that shouldn't be messed with anymore."

"That's nice." The brunette girl smiles.

"And now that I'm even more free, I'm gonna use my energy to help Nagisa with the Drama Club." He beamed, showing a thumbs up.

"But what are you going to do? I thought she wasn't allowed to recruit members."

Sunohara waved his finger. "That's why I came up with a solution for her"

"You're going to join?"

"No. It's something she decided against, and I'll try it out."

"What is it?"

"I'm going to lure the Student Council President to the back of the school. Once he's there, I will beat him up." Sunohara suggests, throwing a punch forward.

"Are you serious? I don't that's going to help her at all. Not mention you'll get in even more trouble."

The blonde boy folded his arms. "You ditched the idea just like her."

"Because the idea is just plain wrong."

"Then I'll go a safer route: why don't you join the club?"

"No thanks." She said, shaking her head.

"The safe route really isn't my forte."

"What a distance in goal." Sakura remarks.

"Hey you two." Okazaki greeted the two as he entered the classroom and took his seat.

"Hey guess what," Sakura says to the blue haired boy and pointed at Sunohara. "he's given up on trying to fight Sakagami."

"Finally stopped being an idiot, huh?" Tomoya remarks.

"Please just forget it!" He retorted. "I'm trying something new now, so that's good, right?"

"Sunohara, I've told you already about helping out in the Drama Club."

"Yeah, yeah, you're planning to help out the ghost girl. I just wanted to see if I could help." He says.

"Ghost girl?" Sakura looks at the two guys in question.

"I'm not too sure either." Sunohara shrugged. "Okazaki said he's going to be watching over Nagisa and this supposed 'ghost girl'."

"You guys sure have quite the people at this school." Sakura said in awe.

"I've thought that as well." Okazaki said, nodding in agreement. "But I've begun to think that's it's more of this city."

During the first break, Sakura saw Okazaki leaving the class to meet Nagisa. But instead of the usual matter with the Drama Club, they were with the first-year girl who Sakura remembered seeing days ago. When lunch break came, Okazaki had left the class, presumably to do what he had done during break.

"He's gone again." Sunohara said, seeing him leave. He turns to face the brunette. "So want to go?"

"To Sakagami?"