Chapter 48: A Change of Mind

Sunohara was by himself, standing near courtyard, underneath the shade. It was Tuesday morning around 7:30 in the morning. It had been a day since Makoto had returned to Hikarizaka after his leave a couple of months back, to give the sudden news of Sakura not being able to return back to the countryside. Though it had seemed settled the day before, Sunohara had some lingering doubt's in his mind after talking with Sakura after meeting Makoto.

"Was that the right thing to do?" He said to himself, folding his arms and facing forward.

"What are you doing talking to yourself here?" Sunohara turns his head sightly to his right and saw both Sakura and Ayame.

"Oh, hey guys... I was just thinking of stuff." Sunohara replies, returning to look where he was facing earlier.

"Is it about the revenge scheme you have against the rugby members?" Sakura questions, shaking her head. "I thought we discussed that already."

"It isn't about that. Besides, how could I with what I heard yesterday?" Sunohara said, facing the girls again.

"Oh, with my brother."

"Sakura told me about that. Makoto suddenly wanting her to go back to Kawasaki." Ayame said, facing the brunette, "I thought it would've gone well, you know?"

"I thought so too. I mean even his text before arriving said everything was fine, too..." Sakura took out her cellphone as she said that. She looked through it and at the last message she received from Makoto, which was the one from Monday. "...He must've said that as to not worry me..."

"Well, either way, it would worry us if we early or not." Sunohara said.

"You two are planning to ignore him, huh?" Ayame remarks, looking from Sunohara to Sakura, with a intrigued expression, "That's quite the bold thing to do, isn't it?"

"Well, we didn't want to, but I don't want to leave Youhei. I mean after all this?" She turns to Sunohara, "Hey, lighten up. It's all fine. Makoto just needs to see why it'll be fine for me to come back with you."

"How will you do that?" Ayame wondered..

"Simple." Sakura turned to her female friend, "We're going to convince him." She turns back to Sunohara, "So, I was thinking that after school today, we'll head over to his place and talk to him and try to make him see things our way."

"Sure, we can do that." Sunohara said, forcing a smile.

"Thanks, Youhei." Sakura happily responds. "I'll see you at class," She turns to Ayame, "Let's go."

Sunohara stayed where he was, watching the two girls walk back into the school building. After another few minutes, Sunohara heads up to his class in time for the day to start. When break came, Sunohara had stayed in his seat, with his head down.

"Hey, so what's with you?" Okazaki asks Sunohara, "Did you not get enough sleep again?"

"It's not that I didn't..." Sunohara brought his head up. He looks at Sakura. She was in the front of the class talking with Ryou and her other classmates. Sunohara and Okazaki leave the class and head outside in the hall.

"So, what's up with you?" Okazaki asks, standing next to Sunohara, who bent down and leaned onto the window sill.

"...I've got a little problem..."

"What'd you do now?"

"I didn't cause the problem this time." Sunohara looks up at him. "I know it doesn't really involve you, but you remember Sakura's brother leaving a while back?"

"I remember. You guys told me he went to check up on things."

"And he's back now... And Sakura's plan of going back home with me... Isn't going to happen..." Sunohara explains, looking into his classroom. "It's a bit complicated, but, we both decided to just stay together and ignore what her brother had said."