Chapter 24: Preparing for the Festival Part I

A day had passed since the Drama Club was fully revived, and it was now Friday, 7:13 in the morning when Sakura was walking up the school with Ayame. "Hey, so, since your club has been reestablished, does that mean it's set that I'll see you acting on the stage this coming festival?"

"We're just getting started, so matters like that will be discussed today."

"So does that mean you'll be acting?"

"What's with you and seeing me act?"

"Because it'll be interesting to see you do so."

"I hope I don't have to." Sakura replies, facing forward. Ahead as they walked up the school hill, she saw a familiar blonde head standing there. "Hey there."

"Hm?" The blonde headed figure turned to girls, "Oh hey..." He greeted, yawning.

"I thought Sakagami stopped trying to wake you up." Sakura said.

"She did... I just forced myself to wake up... Because Kyou threatened me."

"That sure sounds like her..." Sakura says.

"Another reason of course is that our president is counting on me to be there, so it's only right I go." He says, grinning.

"Ah, right." Ayame spoke up, "You're in the Drama Club. Sometimes I wonder how that works."

"Don't start with me like that." Sunohara retorted, bringing his fist up, "You've seen me at the basketball games, and at Tomoyo's own as well."

"Right. You and Okazaki helped her in setting up matches.." Ayame folded her arms, "Would've known delinquent bums could be useful."

"You didn't need to add that last part, you know?" Sunohara muttered.

"I actually thought it was necessary to add." Ayame responds and walks past Sunohara and began to head up the hill.

"Why you...!" Sunohara glared at her.

"...Just don't mind her, okay? I'll see you at class." Sakura says to him and continued walking up the hill.

When classes ended that Friday, the members of Drama Club arrived to the club room together. Inside they saw Komura and Tomoyo along and bunch of equipment in the back of the room, ranging from stage lights, to stereos and a music keyboard on a desk.

"Komura-sensei, good afternoon." Nagisa greeted the elder man.

"Good afternoon, everyone."

"Why are you here, Tomoyo?" Sunohara asked the second-year.

"I'm curious to see how the Drama Club is going. It's my job as Student Council President." She replies.

"I'm going to go over the basics of how make the production of a play." Komura began, and everyone turned their attention to him. "Costume prepares the costume and props. Sound plays music and sound effects, and Lighting lights the stage."

"It seems very, very complicated." Kotomi commented.

"Looks like we need to distribute roles." Kyou said, turning to her twin sister, "How about you do Sound since you played along with Kotomi."

"The workloads of Sound and Lighting depend on the play." Komura continued to speak again, "For example, a intense play will complicate turning the switches on and off while a calming play would be slow and have less movement. As for sounds, most of it can be played on that keyboard." Everyone looked at the keyboard placed atop a desk.

"Hair-raising." Ryou pressed a key and out came a ominous sound, like something from a horror move or show.

"Whoa, that sounded cool!" Sunohara says, moving to the keyboard right as Ryou stepped away.