Chapter 44: Christmas Day

It was December 25th, Wednesday, Christmas Day. It was also the last day of school for the school year before winter break which lasts into the new year. For the morning of the day, Sakura was in her room, already dressed for school.

"Hey, you ready to go?" Ayame asks, opening her door slightly.

"I am. Just let me grab something..." Sakura heads over to her drawer and grabbed three small boxes and putting it in her school bag. Each were covered in wrapping and had a small tag on it. One was covered in red, while the other two were covered in blue wrapping paper. Taking the items, she leaves her room and heads to school with Ayame.

"So, it's that day."

"It is."

"And have you got anything for me?"

"I do. But you're not getting it yet." Sakura replies, moving her bag to her other hand.

"Is this because of what I did?"

"Not really. I just want to do it later. The same for Youhei. I'll also have to give my gift to my brother later, too."

"I see now. So what is it, coal?"

"I wouldn't give you something like that... Even if you did do something irrational. So what about me? Have you gotten something?"

"Of course. But I don't quite have it yet."

"What's that mean?"

"Oh. I don't know. You're going to have to wait."

Sakura closed her eyes, "I see. You're pulling the same thing on me. I guess we'll both be waiting."

"I guess so."

"I'm going to go ahead and meet Youhei." Sakura points ahead and began to walk fast. "See you at school."

Later at school, Sakura arrives to class with Sunohara. Okazaki was present. "Hey guys." He happily greeted the two, "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas." Sunohara said, sitting down at his desk.

"The party yesterday was fun." Sakura said, "It was so nice of you to get her a dango."

"It was fun. Nagisa's grateful for you all to show up."

"Don't mention it." said Sunohara, "So since today is Christmas is she going to he getting another present today?" Sunohara asks.

"She's only getting one." Okazaki replies, "She believes that it feels greedy to get two presents just like that."

"That's a bit unfortunate." Sakura said, looking at Sunohara. "I wonder what it is you got me?"

"I could ask you the same." He said.

"If you didn't notice," Okazaki spoke up, "He had quite the hard time figuring out what to get you at first."

"Hey, stop saying things like that."

"But its true."

"But!" Sunohara held up his hand, "I did figure out what to get thanks to a certain someone."

"Me?" Okazaki said.

"In a way, yes. But it was someone else."

"...Was it my brother?" Sakura raised her hand.

"You're there, but not on the spot." Sunohara faces the brunette, "...I just hope what is planned isn't bad."

"What is it?"

"You'll have to wait, Sakura." Sunohara said with a smug look.

"...You're not lying are you?"

"I seriously have something." He reassures.