e l e v e n

"The sea holds many secrets." Faye whispers. Kat nods gently and looks out the ocean. Faye smiles gently and takes Kat's hand. "I'm glad we get to do this. Even if it's not on good circumstances. We get to see the world."

"Part of it at least." Kat says softly. Faye nods and smiles. "I wonder how the others are."
"Same. I hope they're all okay. And alive."
"We can only hope." Says a woman next to them. She smiles and holds out her hand.

"Hayley. Hayley Dean." She says softly. Both Faye and Kat smile. Neither of them are unsure. Something about this girl was immediately trusting. Like they could tell her anything. "Nice to meet you." She says.

"You too. I'm Katerina but you can call me Kat. This is my girlfriend, Faye." She says softly.
"Like a fairy?" Hayley asks with a laugh.
"Yeah. Like a fairy. But I love it." Faye says.
"You should. It's a beautiful name. So is Katerina. Hayley is boring and dull." She says.

"I like the name Hayley. It's pretty." Kat says with a smile. Hayley grins at Kat and exhales.
"You have friends out of the cohort?" Hayley asks softly. Faye and Kat nod and sigh deeply.
"Yup. Lorenzo, Lea, Raj, Elio, and Donnie."
Hayley nods but doesn't say anything.

She doesn't know what to say. I hope your friends don't die? No. She couldn't say that.
No one said anything. Because they were all thinking the same thing. I hope we don't die.

____________________________

"Mum?" A voice crackled. Sophia immediately sat up in her bed and quickly pressed the speaker next to her bed. She widened her eyes.
"Raj?" She asked, her voice breaking slightly.
"Mum." A relieved Raj said. His voice was pained, like he was trying not to cry out for her.

"What's wrong darling?" Sophia asked softly.
Raj sniffled on the other end of the call. He took a deep breath. His voice faltered slightly.
"It's Elio." He said through a voice break. Sophia frowned slightly. "H-he. Mum."
"It's alright darling. Just take a deep breath."

"He's gone." Raj said softly. "Mum. He's dead."
Sophia sat there for a moment. The only sound was the cracking of the speaker and her breathing. "Mum?" Raj asked softly. Sophia made a soft noise so he knew she was there.

"I- I'm sorry." Sophia said, her voice breaking.
"Mum. What do I do?" Raj asked in pain. For once in her life, Sophia didn't know what to say to her son. She didn't know and she was sorry.
"I- I don't know. Raj. Are- are you going to be okay?" She asked softly. There was silence.

"Are you okay?" He finally asked her softly. She thought about it for a few moments, but she already knew the answer to the question.
"No. I'm not Raj." She said quietly. He sighed.
"Then no mum. I'm not going to be okay any time soon. But I need you to tell me how to move on. I need you. Please Mum." He said.

"I wish I knew the answer." She whispered.
"What?" Raj asked quietly. He hadn't heard.
"You need to decide how to move on for yourself. Just don't do what I did Raj. Don't push them away. Allow yourself to feel."

"Take care of Donnie. He needs it. And you, don't hold yourself back Raj. You know what you need. But I can't tell you it. But you know."
"I- thank you Mum." He said softly. "I love you. C-can I talk to dad?" He asked quietly.

"I love you too." She said slowly. "I'll get him." Sophia rose up to get Zach. She found him in the throne room, just sitting there. He was frowning and staring down at his hands. Sophia sighed and walked over to him slowly.
"It's Raj." She said softly. Zach looked up at her and bolted out of his chair. She handed him the speaker and walked away slowly. He nodded.

Sophia closed the door behind her but she could still hear the muffled voices behind the door. She took a deep inhale and closed her eyes. More was coming. She could feel it.

____________________________

"Not the time!" Lorenzo shouted to Lea as he shot at a man. Lea rolled her eyes and kicked someone in the face gracefully. She then took a dagger from her belt and stabbed the man.
"When is the time them Enzo?" She breathed. "When." Kick. "We're." Stab. "All." Swipe. "Dead?" She breathed out slowly. He sighed.

"We're not gonna die Lea." He said as he threw a dagger at someone. Lea inhaled sharply.
"You don't know that." She replied heavily.
"Out of breath already?" Lorenzo asked as he passes a dagger to one of the men from the cohort. The man thanked him and quickly flanked someone from the opposing team.

"This is a lot." She replied. "I'm not used to fighting. You know that." She said quickly.
Her accent was heavier now. Being away from court had that effect on her. She was tougher. So was Lorenzo. He had proven that he would be a great leader. After the person in charge of the cohort was stabbed, Enzo proved to be worthy of that position. The others agreed.

The fighting stopped. Everyone who needed to be was dead or dying. They all looked around at each other and let out a deep breath. Lea leaned on her brother for support. He grinned.
"Little sister, need some help?" He said to her.
"I've got it under control Enzo. Thanks."

"Come here Lea." Enzo beckoned. Lea rolled her eyes but went over to Lorenzo who pulled her into a deep hug. They stayed like that for a moment, allowing themselves to just breathe.
"Alright you two. We should set up camp before it's too late." A man says. The two siblings nod and exhale deeply in sync.

"Love you Lea." Lorenzo says softly to her.
"Love you to Enzo." She whispers back to him.
"You need to promise not to leave me."
"I promise." Lea says softly. "And you?" They both sigh deeply. It's full of sorrow for whats coming. They both know it. They both feel it.

"I promise Lea. I'll make it out." He says softly.

_____________________________

"I'm here. If you need me." Xander says slowly to Raj. Raj stares at him for a moment before nodding slightly. Xander sighs and begins to walk away. Raj stand up quickly and sighs.
"Thank you." He says. Xander stops walking.
"For what?" He says softly to Raj. Raj gulps.

"Just for everything. It means a lot." Xander nods at him curtly and begins to leave the tent again but Raj groans and pulls him back. "Not to be rude or anything. But we're both idiots."
"Yeah. We are." Xander says softly. They're facing each other, they're breath syncing.

"I think this isn't the right time. Y- you just lost someone close to you. You're not thinking straight." Xander whispers. Raj laughs softly.
"This is the straightest I've ever thought before. Well, not completely straight. After all..."

Xander rolls his eyes and let's out a groan. Raj smiles softly. Xander looks back at him again.
"My mom told me something. That I have to allow myself to feel. To live. That's what I'm doing." Raj whispers. Xander nods slowly.

"Maybe she's right." He whispers back to Raj.
"Yeah. Maybe she is." Raj says softly. Then he slowly eases his face closer to Xander. Xander inhales sharply. "A-are you okay with.. this?" Xander nods and presses his lips to Raj's.

Raj widens his eyes in surprise but quickly suppresses to the kiss and Xander. He melts into it. They both do. Trying to make up for the lost time. The time that was coming. They didn't know what was coming. So they just kissed in hopes that they would make it out.

Together.

_____________________________

Wholesome content <3 luv you all