t w e n t y o n e

It had cause mass explosions. The bombs set off my the different kingdoms had not only caused destructions everywhere, but it had set off a radiation storm. It wouldn't be long before everyone was dead. And those who could survive, wished they were dead. Not long at all.

Everyone knew it too. The fighting had stopped. They were saying their last goodbyes now. Finding their loved ones before it was too late. The weak ones had already fell to the ground and started to croak. They had started to choke up from loss of oxygen and radiation.

Lea grabbed on to Donnie's hand and pulled him away to try to find her brothers and Katerina. Donnie stopped in his tracks, causing Lea to turn around and face him. His face was pale and he was staring down at a group of bodies. His lip begins to shake as he slowly turns to Lea and points down. She frowns.

She follows his eyes and looks at Katerina's body. She lets out a loud cry and falls to her knees. She tries to shake her awake, like she's asleep. It doesn't work. Donnie too, drops down and wraps his arms around Lea pulling her away from Katerina's dead body. Lea screamed out once more and pried him off.

"NO. LET GO. THATS- THATS MY SISTER!"
Donnie presses his eyes shut and lets her go.
"She's my sister. She's my best friend. I- I can't let her go. Not yet. KAT. KATERINA. I NEED YOU. DON'T LEAVE ME!" She screams. This time Donnie doesn't let her go once he grabs her. He pulls her away when he sees what's coming towards them. The storm. A big one.

"We need to go Lea! We need to go now!" He yells to her over the roar of thunder. She shakes her head violently, still crying and yelling. "LEA! WE NEED TO FIND ENZO AND RAJ! WE NEED TO LEAVE NOW!" He screams. She doesn't answer but allows him to drag her away. She continues sobbing and calling out Kat's name. So she won't forget.

_____________________________

A dazed Cameron shuffled towards them slowly. Raj and Enzo backed away. The sound of explosions made them jump. It also made Cameron stop moving towards them. Enzo and Raj looked at each other in panic. Their family was out there. They needed them. Enzo reaches into his pocket and feels for the silver bullet.

"It's too late." Cameron chokes out. "They're all gone. We're all going to be gone." He trembled.
"Stay away from us." Raj rasped at him. Cameron laughs and shakes his head, proceeding to come closer to them. They back away once more. "I said stay away." He hisses.

"Why?" Cameron shouts. "We're all going to die anyways. This war made sure of that." He laughs. Raj glances over at Enzo. Enzo slips the bullet into his gun slowly, trying to hide it. "You don't need to shoot me." He whispers. "I'm already dead." Enzo shakes his head.

"No. Your not. But you will be." Slowly, he raises the gun towards Cameron. His hands tremble. He raises his brow and exhales. A gun shot goes off. Raj widens his eyes at Enzo. Cameron staggers for a few seconds before blood spurts from his mouth. He collapses.

He shakes on the ground for a few more second before choking and exhaling, finally stilling. Enzo quickly looks over to where Raj stands. His finger isn't near the trigger. He shakes his head and looks beyond Raj to see Donnie. His hand is shaking and his eyes are very wide.

"He had a knife. He was going to throw it at you. I knew you wouldn't shoot." He chokes out. Enzo nods gratefully at him, unable to speak. Lea runs over to her brother and crushes them in a hug. They hug her back quickly, all three of them breathing heavily.

"Katerina is dead." Lea whispers. Enzo and Raj stare at her for a few moments, in pain. Enzo shakes his head quickly. "She never got to see Delilah again. She wanted to see her one last time. She couldn't." Her voice breaks. Raj hugs her once more, whispering that it's okay.