e p i l o g u e

I stand at the door of the small little house I've built and stare out at the world around me. I sigh and shake my head before walking back inside and sitting down at a small desk. I reach over and grab a stack of papers and a pen.

I place the tip of the pen on the paper and try to write. But I can't. Not yet anyway. I need to watch the video first. I haven't been able to. But I'm finally ready. I take a deep breath before grabbing Lea's bracelet and plugging it into the big screen. Her face lights up the screen quickly. She filthy. Blood and dirt streak her face. In the back there are explosions.

"Hey. We've lost so much. Too much. So here's to Faye Bocelli, Elio Peters, and Xander Kent. We will miss you. And may you go to the stars." The clip ends and it switches to a new one. "I don't know who's going to be seeing this in the future. Maybe no one. But If you do watch this, I hope you make better choices than we did."

"Were loosing everyone. Everyone's going to die. For the longest time I thought it was our fault. I was wrong. It's all our faults. Humanities. We always have faults. That's just how it is. This war didn't come from a rivalry of two kingdoms. It came from the hate of people. Love, betrayal. It hurts like shit. Obviously.

And people think it's alright to put everyone at risk to solve their own internal problems." She sighs and looks around quickly. "I'm here to tell you screw that. It doesn't have to be that way. Look at me and my friends, so what most of them are dead already. We got along just fine. We're all so different. But that's alright."

"We love each other. Till the end. I've been thinking about love too. I'm in love with Donnie. But it's not the same love I feel for my brothers, my parents, Katerina, Elio, Faye, Delilah. Even Zaya. And of course my aunts and uncles. I love them to death. Literally."

"Get it? Because we're all going to die." She lets out a weak laugh. "But hopefully we're going to the stars. Mum told me there's no good guys. Then she corrected herself. I think she was right the first time. There's bad people in the world. Some worse than others. But nobody's good. Some of us are mediocre at best."

"I'm alright with that. Tell our story will you. This is how it happened..." She tells everything that happened. Starting from the beginning. I save that video. I watch it a couple times over. Until I memorize it. That way I can write it down. Piece by piece. So I can move on.

And so everyone knows what happened.

And I start off with this.

My name is Delilah Ashford. And I'm a survivor.

___________________________