f i v e

Ok so I apologize for the depressing chapters butttt, We're gonna get into a little more action in these next few chapters.

______________________

Zaya stands and looks up at the portrait hanging from the wall. Kathryn Nyko. She really was beautiful. She had this smiles painted on her face that made her look almost angelic like. But her eyes. They were hard. They were full.

Full of pain. Full of love. Full of loss. And more importantly. Anger. There was so much anger. She kept it inside. As Zaya stood and looked up she frowned. This girl in front of her could be anyone in this family. It could be her. Gone too soon. It could be Lea.

It could be Kat. It could be Raj. It could be Enzo. God, it could even be Delilah.
Zaya looks down from the picture and turns to walk away when she hears voices arguing in the hall next to her.

She starts walking quietly towards the voices. It's Kala and her mom. Weird.
"What now Kala? Hm? How are we supposed to help Lorenzo? Raj. Lea."
"I don't know Leila. I don't know."
"She's gonna be gone Kala. Gone."

"I know." Kala whispers to Leila softly.
"But that's the thing. We don't know."
"What do you mean?" Kala questions.
"We don't know." Leila repeats. "We don't know she's gone for sure."

Kala sighs deeply and shakes her head.
"Yes we do. We do know." She inhales.
"Do we?" Zaya whispers. They both turn to look at her quickly. Leila sighs.
"Zaya. Why are you eavesdropping?"
"Why are you saying things that aren't true? Why are you sneaking around?"

They gape at her for a few moments.
"Were not sneaking around." Kala says.
Zaya makes a sound of disbelief. They both glare at her and Leila points for her to go away from them. Zaya rolls her eyes and starts to walk away.

"Feisty that one." Kala whispers to Leila. Leila grunts in agreement which puts a smile on Zaya's face. She shakes her head lightly as she walks away.

________________________

"I've got nothing left to give you." Zach whispers to a sleeping Sophia. "I got lost with you. I gave everything for you. Now your leaving me. Once again." He chuckles through an exhale. "But hey, it's alright. Maybe it's time for me to finally let you go Sophia. Or maybe it's time for me to hold you tighter. I have no idea what to do at this point. You drive me completely insane, you do."

Without him realizing, Sophia stirs from her sleep. "We're a mess Sophia."
"But that's exactly how I like it." She whispers to him. He stares at her for a few moments before he inhales sharply.
"Yeah. It is, isn't it." He lets out laugh. She smiles weakly at him and leans over to hug him. He hugs her tightly.

"I love you Sofi. I always have. I always will." He scrunches his face. She nods.
"I love you too. I always have and I always will. Your the only one for me."
"Till death do us part." He says holding out his pinky finger to her. She grins.

"Till death do us part." She whispers.

_______________________

"I got blood on my hands idiot." Raj sneers at Elio. Donnie snickers at him. "Screw you man. I'm just tryna have some fun with you." Elio hisses at Raj.
Raj shoots Elio a dirty look. He sighs.
"You call this fun?" He asks him.
"Oh yeah." Elio says. "Of course."

"Loads of fun." Donnie mimics sarcastically. Elio shoots him a glare.
"Whatever. You guys are assholes."
"I'm hurt. Truly." Donnie whispers.

Raj sits there staring at them, unimpressed. He rolls his eyes at the joking around and lets out a deep sigh.
"Too good for us, eh Raj?" Elio says.
"What do you think Elio?" Raj widens his eyes at him expectantly. Donnie twirls a cigarette in between his fingers.