f o u r

(Suggested song- Body by SYML)

"I don't think you understand." Lorenzo says quickly to the doctor. "You have to be able to help her some way. There's got to be something. Anything, in an old book or-" The doctor waves his hand at Lorenzo.

"There's nothing. I'm sorry. Truly." He says walking away. Lorenzo stand there for a moment before inhaling sharply. He turns the corner, crashing into someone who was running. He sighs.
"I'm so sorry Lorenzo. Where is she?"

Lorenzo looks up to see his aunt. Kala stares at him expectantly. He shrugs.
"You don't know...?" He shrugs again.
"Right. Well, I'll find her." She says softly, patting his shoulder softly.

Lorenzo nods but she's already gone. He closes his eyes, letting the silence indulge him. He takes a deep breath.
"Don't leave me mum. I don't know what to do." He whispers to the ceiling.

It's decorated with paintings. Painting of different places, different scenes. Different moments in his parents lives. In their families lives. They were all painted by Aunt Leila. This one shows everyone sitting in cages. Crying. While a crowd of people watched them.

Lorenzo sees his mom in a cage next to his dad. Across the way, she's staring at Leila. She's got this look in her eyes. Leila captured everything so well. It's not just a painting. It has feeling. You can see the fear in their eyes. The knowledge that they could die. All the possibilities. He frowns at the paintings.

Lorenzo walks farther down the hall and sees the cages again, but this time their suspended into the air. Their hair whips around their faces. They yell to each other, trying to say goodbye.

A landscape picture. Miles of garbage and rubble. A destroyed world. The pain. The next is all of them together.
Lorenzo sighs as he looks at them. He had never done this before. He has never carefully observed the paintings.

He notices that his dad isn't in this picture. Yet, uncle Lee has his arm around his mother. He frowns. The next painting is his dad tackling Lee.

They fought. Over his mother.

Lorenzo gapes at it for a moment, realizing. They both had loved Sophia. Sophia had chosen Zach. She always chose Zach. Over and over again.

The green lands. The picture shows tall glass buildings. There are sillouettes of everybody standing on a hill looking at it. The next one, it's raining. They're looking at the violet flower. Lorenzo stares at the boy, holding a flower.

He reminds him of Lea. He'd seen many pictures of the boy. They never talked about him much. Bad memories. He also sees the blonde girl. She smiles over at Sophia. Sophia looks like she's laughing. Holding the girl's hand.

There's a portrait of her, hanging in the library. In a gorgeous white gown. Ryn. He takes a deep breath. Glass. Over the ground. Sophia sits in the middle of it, tears streaming from her face. Lorenzo grimaces at the picture. Lee stands in the doorway. He stares at her. He's concerned. Lorenzo frowns at him.

The next picture is Zach standing there angrily as Lee holds Sophia. She cries at them. Zach is yelling. Lee is glaring. Lorenzo studies it for a moment. The next picture is Lee running out into the rain, bags in hand. Sophia runs after him, crying. When he left, Lorenzo thinks. Lorenzo didn't know it was because of a fight with him and Zach.

The next slide is a picture of them all, except Lee, standing in front of a group of people. The people hold weapons. A redhead woman is in front, reaching out to them carefully. They all glare. Lorenzo sighs and nods knowingly.

A picture of a huge building. With many people. A refuge. The next is a picture of a blonde man and woman. They smile at them. The way it's pained makes them look evil. Like they could strike them at any moment. Tossed.