t h i r t e e n

"Plans." She hissed. "It was your stupid plan."
"It wasn't stupid. It just wasn't thought through." Enzo replied hastily. Lea rolled her eyes at him and turned to look at Raj who just shrugged, a smile playing his lips slightly.

Lorenzo had made the plan to go closer to the sea route. He had claimed it would be an easier journey for them all. It had proven not to be. There were less recourses and less food. Lea had told him it would be like that. He didn't listen to her. Why would he? She was young.

"Tell him it was stupid Raj." Lea told Raj. He sighed deeply and turned to Enzo. He grinned.
"It was stupid. Happy Lea?" He asked jokingly.
"Very." She said quickly. Raj laughed softly. He was still hurting from the loss of Elio and Enzo and Lea tried to distract him as much as they could. Sometimes it worked. And other times, it didn't work. They tried. That's what matters.

Raj snuck a glance over at Xander. He was sitting at another camp fire, a little bit away.
"What happened between you two?" Lea asked him softly. Raj turned to her quickly, frowning.
"What do you mean?" He asked quickly. Lea sighed and rolled her eyes dramatically.

"I'm not an idiot Raj. I can see how you look at him. And how he looks at you when your not looking." She snaps at him. He sighs deeply.
"W-we kissed." He says slowly. Lea let's out a squeal of delight and hugs her brother quickly.
"I'm so happy for you Raj!" She says loudly. Raj hushes her quickly. Enzo raises an eyebrow.

"What are you two on about?" He asks softly.
"Nothing." They say in unison. Enzo sighs.
"And what about you?" Raj whispers to Lea. She looks up at him through her eyelashes.
"I don't know what your talking about." She says softly, turning away from Raj. He laughs.

"Lea." He warns. "I know you like Donnie." She let's out a small squeak of surprise. He laughs.
"I don't like Donatello." She says quietly. He raises his brow at her and exhales deeply.
"I'm okay with it." He finally says to her. She looks up at him. "If that's what your worried about. I'm okay." He says softly. She stares.

Slowly she turns her eyes to where Donnie is sitting. He's talking to Lorenzo quietly and laughing. Lea smiles faintly and turns back to Raj. He smirks at her. She swats at him and he laughs at her. She tries to hit him again but misses. He laughs the entire time, smiling.

"Woah. What's the problem?" Enzo shouts.
"Nothing." Both of them say in unison again. Enzo rolls his eyes in annoyance and turns back to Donnie. Donnie however is turned towards Lea and is smiling. He is completely content with watching her laugh. Enzo grins.

"Lea huh." Enzo whispers cheekily. Donnie groans and rolls his eyes at Enzo. Enzo laughs.
"Man, no offense, but we're not really friends. And besides, I wouldn't even tell Raj that." Enzo grins and looks over to Lea and Raj again.

Even with everything going on around them, they were all together and happy.

____________________________

"Where are you going?" A guard asked Zaya. She stopped in her tracks, taking a breath and briefly closing her eyes. She opened them quickly and pasted a sickening smile on her face. She turned around to him and gushed.
"I'm so sorry. I didn't realize I wasn't allowed. I just wanted to visit my auntie." She cooed.

The guard straightened and widened his eyes.
"I'm sorry. I didn't realize it was your Ms. Zaya. I apologize. But I'm sorry to inform you that Queen Sophia isn't in her room right now." Zaya scrunched her nose in annoyance and let out a quick exhale. She quickly perked back up and let out a low laugh. She smiled at him.

"I'm sorry to hear that. I guess I'll just have to come back later. Do you have any idea where she is?" Zaya asked sweetly. The guard nodded.
"She's in the command center with the King, Her advisor, and her friends." He replied softly. She fake smiled and crinkled her eyes slightly.

The guard lifted his head slightly in confusion. He looked at her like she was ill. Zaya turned away and began to walk back to her room. She cursed under her breath as she walked. Her plan was going to have to wait another day.

_____________________________

"Shit!" Sophia yelled as she slammed her fists on the table in front of her. Leila flinched, Kala frowned slightly, Nate closed his eyes, so did Lee. Zach only looked down. The advisor in the room flinched very visibly. Sophia looked at him in pity. "How did this happen?" She asked.

They had been leading in ranks for a few weeks until two days ago. Two cohorts had been shot down and they had sunk through the ranks very quickly, leaving Cameron winning. Her advisor began to move closer to her slowly.

"Well, we still have the four cohorts by the sea. They're moving in quickly." He said softly. She stiffened and turned towards him. He gulped.
"Who is in those cohorts?" She asked slowly.
"Y-your children." He said quickly. She stared.
"What about Katerina and Faye?" She asked.

The advisor shot a glance at Lee and Kala. They both narrowed their eyes at him. He squeaked.
"Well.  I'm sorry to inform you... we've lost contact with them." He said quietly. Everyone was silent. Lee looked over at Sophia. She was frowning deeply. Eventually, she spoke.

"We've lost contact?" She peeped softly. He nodded and glanced again at Lee and Kala who now were looking quite scared. "How?"
"There was an explosion. And we had them... but lost them. We don't know if they're just M.I.A or gone..." He said slowly. Kala gasped.

____________________________

The dust had finally settled. There was rubble and bodies everywhere. The sky was the color of smoke and the air smelled of it. There was a few soft coughs. The rubble began to shift and a hand was pulling through it to get out. It was a blonde girl. Katerina. She looked around.

"Faye?" She called out. There was no response.
Katerina tried again only to receive the foul smell of smoke and blood. She coughed harshly and looked down at her bloodied body. She needed help. Immediately. There was no way she would make it without it. She needed to find Faye. She called out over and over again.

Nothing.

____________________________