f i f t e e n

A/N: miss me?
No I'm joking. Ofc you didn't.
Anywayssss...
here's another chapter because my morning zoom meetings were cancelled.

Yay <3
__________________________

"Love." Zachariah called out to Sophia. She turned around with a grin on her face. He ran over to her and gently pulled her into a hug.
"What's this for?" She asked softly. He grinned and placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Can't I just love my wife?" He said innocently, pouting his lips at her. She raised an eyebrow.
"What do you need Zach?" She asked him. He stopped smiling and rolled his eyes at her. A small smile played on her lips. He sighed.

"They want you in the throne room. Something has happened." He said quickly. She groaned.
"Zach." She whined. He grimaced. "It's my alone time." She said, frowning. He couldn't help but smile at her. She met his eyes quickly.

She rolled her eyes and nodded her head impatiently at him. He didn't take it to heart, knowing she was only joking around. He took her hand in his and smiled. She shook her head but smiled anyway. He lead her to the throne room and away from her alone time.

They walked into the throne room slowly. It was completely dark in the room. And there definitely wasn't anyone waiting for them there. Sophia frowned and looked up at Zach but he looked just as confused as she was.

He gripped her hand more protectively now. Like he was scared something bad was happening. Sophia too, realized this was not meant to happen. She narrowed her eyes and tried to pull him back towards the door. He realized what she was doing and quickly backed up as well. Except, the doors had been closed shut behind them with a loud slam.

They both immediately rushed over to the doors and tried to tug them open. They were locked shut. Sophia and Zach widened their eyes at each other. They didn't know what was happening. Zach grabbed Sophia's hand again. She reached down into the top of her dress and pulled something out. Zach frowned at her.

She just shrugged at him and began to whisper.
"You never know." She whispered gripping the dagger in her hand. It's blade was a silvery color and the hilt was black, studded with what seemed like diamonds. It had engravings too.

Semper Paratus. Zachariah realized it was Latin. Always be Prepared. He smiled softly. Then they heard footsteps. Sophia flinched.
"You can put that away." A voice said. "Auntie." And then there was a flash of light and they were grabbed from behind. The last thing they both heard was the faint sinister laughing.

____________________________

They had all been called to the throne room quickly. Both Kala and Leila frowned at each other. They wondered if there was news on their children. They hoped it was good. Nate and Lee were not far behind them. Others from all over the castle were also making their way to the throne room to see what news there was.

Maids. Cooks. Butlers. Ladies. Lords. Ect. They all wanted to know everything. They lived on information. Good or bad. They whispered to each other and shot looks at others around.

They all made their way to the into the room. It was lit up with the morning glow. It was a beautiful day. The doors were shut behind them all. They didn't think much of it. If they had they would have noticed that those weren't the usual guards. They would have noticed that the banner hanging behind the thrones wasn't the normal red banner. It was black with a silver crown on it. It wasn't hard to miss.

Yet, everyone did. Except the children of course, who pointed up at the banner trying to form sentences. Their parents hushed them and continued to search around the platform for their king and queen. Eventually their eyes landed on them. Sophia and Zachariah Rally.