Chapter 18: The beginning of the Grand Magic Games

One week later,

All the guild members are heading to the colosseum built especially for the Grand magic games.

"Wow, This week surely passed fast," says Mavis while walking.

"Yeah, And I am all fired up. Why does this line feel so familial?..." replies Zero.
"Anyways, People let's be serious, we better win...Even if we have to die doing it." Says Warrod.
"Wow, he surely is motivated. Anyways, How big is the colosseum anyway?... And by the way, Wendy, Who are those people from team B?" Says Zera.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to introduce them. They are actually the strongest members of our guild," replies Wendy.

"Yeah, Even though they aren't as strong as me. They are quite powerful, If they go all out I think they can actually beat me. But don't worry I don't think we will have to fight against them." says Warrod.

After some time they finally reach the colosseum.

"Look, It is so big!!!" Says Mavis in amazement and excitement.

They then enter the gates of the colosseum and are amazed, by witnessing the crowd sitting up and waiting for the guilds to show their talents. People from far lands had come to visit and witness the event. Everyone was there from the strongest mages in the continent to the smallest merchant of the capital...The Grand magic games became a spectacle for people all over the world to come and witness the wonder of magic. All the crowd cheered for their favorite guilds. And few even began to bet on the guild which they thought would win.
In short, It was just amazing that even two eyes wouldn't be enough to see it's beauty.

Soon It was time to conduct the opening ceremony of the Grand magic games.

Suddenly a voice had been heard all over the stadium, saying "Welcome Our Dear audience and are Talented Guilds!!!"
Everyone was confused about who it was from.
Once they paid attention they had seen a short host speaking.
The whole crowd began to laugh loudly.
"Aww... You people are mean!!!" said the Host jokingly.
"Everyone silent," says a person from the audience.
And suddenly everyone becomes quiet in fear.
"Wendy, Who is he?" Whispers Mavis into Wendy's ear.
Wendy, softly replies, "He is in charge of the magic council, A extremely terrifying person."

The host then continues to speak 

"Everyone I think all of you have already heard about the Grand magic games from your friends, so I don't think I have to explain much. Let's directly go to the rules of the contest. Every guild can enter a maximum of 2 teams. And about how the contests will be conducted, Matches will be between a member of a team and a member of the opponent team, the details of who you will be going against will be given at the end of the previous day. Every match will have its own special stadium, the players must keep the stadium in mind while fighting. The winners of each match will get 10 points while the loser will get 0 points, If it is a tie both teams will get 5 points each. I hope all of you have understood the rules. And remember the contest will be closely monitored by the magic council themselves, if any guild is found cheating they will be disqualified immediately... Now, let the games begin!!!!!".

The audience shouts and screams loudly in joy and excitement.

"All right team, the grand magic games present a perfect opportunity for us to reclaim the prominence that we once held, today the White tiger is regarded as Fiore's No 1 guild. Fairy tail will be the top guild once again!!!!" says Zera, to motivate all the members to do their best.

"Look the host is about to announce the guilds," says Wendy.

The host speaks "Now comes time to announce the guilds participating this year,
First is the guild who was formerly holding the title of Fiore's strongest guild, Fairy tail!!!...
Now is the wild guild Quadro Cerberus...And coming in now is a guild full of ladies, here comes Mermaid heel of the dark blue see!!!... Now comes, The guild with the title of sacred destroyer Lamia scale!!!!... Oh wow!!! This year's competition just got more interesting, here comes Fairy tail's Team B!!!... Now the last but not least, the guild which holds the title as Fiore's Strongest guild, White tiger!!! *The crowd roars*.... "

The crowds cheer with all the energy they have. Their screams were so loud that they were heard all over Fiore.

To be continued...