Chapter 24: Fight between dragons

In the previous chapter, Zero confronts a council member who is actually a dragon. He Is ready to win the match at any cost. Zera and Mavis together subdue the aura of both the dragon to keep the rest of the wizards safe.

"Looks like the fight will get serious...Mavis at any cost make sure their attacks don't hurt anyone. I try to link my with Zero to monitor what is happening there." Says Zera.

"Don't worry, I will be on guard, you just do your work," replies Mavis.

In the arena.

Zero's skin slowly turns into dragon scales. His hands become claws.

The woman begins to turn into a dragon.

After she finishes transforming, Zero realizes her scales were in the color of scarlet red.

Just like her hair when she was human.

Just from a look, you could tell she used enchantment.

The scarlet dragon spoke, "I am Irene Belserion".

"Though you can turn into a dragon I don't think you are one...You are a dragon slayer who turned into a dragon " said Zero.

Irene smirks.

"You surely are interesting, you were able to tell who I am so fast. Then I don't think there is a need to hide it... I was once queen of dragons! The first dragon slayer!" Says Irene.

"So you are the former dragon queen... The Belserion chose. I heard a lot about you but your time as queen ended quite soon. You don't need to act as if you support dragons, I know how much you hate them. Especially him... The one who erased the existence of all dragons...The person who killed Belserion...The one who is just like you... A dragon slayer." Says Zero.

"Don't you dare speak of him! That monster is the reason I... I am in such a state is all because of him! I am trapped in this body all because of him! I abandoned my daughter all because of him! He made me want to kill the person I love the most! I will never forgive him!!! " Shouts Irene in rage.

"Look at yourself now... If you really hate him so much then why don't you just concentrate on beating him instead of showing your rage to people who aren't even interested in you." Says Zero.

"How dare you!" Irene shouts in rage.

She begins to cast a spell on Zero.
The ground begins to shake.

A huge magical spear appears above her head as if she is preparing to finish Zero in just one attack.

But Zero doesn't even show a bit of concern or worry.

This angers Irene even more and she attacks him with all of her ether nano.

A big explosion happens and the arena is filled with dust and nothing can be seen.

When the dust clears Irene is shocked to see that not even a single scratch on Zero.

He absorbed the complete attack.

Irene lost all her magic in attacking Zero and is not in the position to fight.

She begins to shiver in fear.

"Who are you... How did you?" says Irene in fear and fatigue.

"I am someone you can never beat in your whole life. I am Zero, the dragon born out of the scales of the imperial twin dragons, The Ash dragon." Replies Zero.

"Imperial twin dragon! You mean the god dragons which created the whole universe!" Says Irene in shock.

Suddenly a voice speaks in Zero's head.

"Are you done? We don't have much time left, you have to reach the end line." Said Zera in Zero's mind through telepathy.

"Oh yeah! I forgot about it! Irene, I will have to get going. If you have more to ask you can just visit our guild." Says Zero

"Wait, How can you...fine, I can't beat you anyway." Says Irene.

"Thank you!!" shouts Zero.

He then runs towards the end line in a hurry.

To be continued...