Chapter 11: First Job!! Let's go!!!

(play the video while reading for soundtrack effects)

In the last chapter Mavis and Zera finally, get their guild marks. Now it is time for them to leave on their first job.

Mavis and Zera stare at the request board and are in huge confusion to decide which job would be the best for them.

While the two sisters are in a serious discussion, Wendy moves closer to Zera and Mavis.

She then bends forward towards Mavis's ear and shouts

"What are you guys staring at ?"

"Ahhh!!" Mavis screams in fear and shock.

She then says " Wendy!!! You scared the hell out of me!!!!" in anger.

Wendy replies guiltily "Oh...Sorry I didn't mean to."

Despite the extremely loud conversation between Wendy and Mavis, Zera still continues to stare at the request board while Wendy and Mavis continue their chat.

Suddenly Zera shouts "Found it !!!"

Both Wendy and Mavis then immediately turn towards Zera and ask "What have you found Zera?"

Zera smirks and shouts "Master!!! I am taking this job!!"

Both Mavis and Wendy look at each other in confusion.

Zera then holds Mavis's hand tightly and drags Mavis out of the guild.

After an hour of walking.

Mavis finally asks " Zera...Where are we going?"

Zera then replies "Oh yeah forgot to explain. Our job is to chase away the animals in village A. Those animals suddenly went rogue and began to attack all the villagers. The best part is we get 500,000 jewels just for driving them away!!!!. With this, we can buy ourselves a new house and don't have to stay at Wendy's small home anymore !!!."

Mavis then said "REALLY!! WOW!!! Let's go, I don't want to lose that money !!!"

After 3 hours of traveling under the hot sun. Mavis and Zera reach the entrance of village A.

Mavis asks Zera in worry "Zera... Why is it so silent as if there is no one even living here? Even the roads are so isolated. Did something bad happen here?"

Zera replies " yeah...I think we should Knock at their door and ask them."

Zera walked closer to the door of the nearest house and cautiously knocks at the door.

BANG!!!

Suddenly...

What happened? Where did that sound come from? Did something happen to Zera?

To be continued...