Chapter 6: Zera's grief

(note: pls play the video while reading to get soundtrack effects"

In the last chapter, after the master casts a spell on both of them to unlock their Requip ability. Zera unlocks her magic and wakes up before Mavis.

After finding out what happened Zera takes a walk alone and thinks about the nightmare she had.

From the way the nightmare went it wasn't just a normal nightmare, she knew it was a memory of the day when her mother left her and passed away.

Zera sits below a tree and cries

She then says

 "Mom I am scared, I don't know what is ahead of us and I don't even know if I can protect myself and mavis. Why was I even given these powers? I am scared mom, what if I fail? What if I keep all the lives of innocents in danger ?... Mom all these years I lived without a family, alone, scared, and always fighting to survive by myself. But now I at least have Mavis and master but what if I lose them too...But at least mom, I have a place to call home now and I will do everything I can to protect it even if I have to lose my life."

Zera then looks at the sunrise and says

"Mom, the sunrise makes me think of Mavis. It reminds me of the hope she carries, and the warmth and passion she has in her heart. I like to think of her looking at the sky in the morning and seeing the beauty of a new day dawning, I just hope she saw it. Looking at her cry there, I kinda feel her pain... All the pain she has been through all these years to make her scared of something so much...Mom, I can't even remember what you look like but if that woman in my nightmare was really you, I don't think I would call it a nightmare because at least through that I saw you. Mom I know from up there you are watching us and don't worry I won't cause trouble, even if I mess up, I know I am not alone anymore I will always have Mavis with me..."

Then suddenly a voice says "Zera you are a good girl and I know you won't keep the lives of the ones you call dear in danger. You don't remember but that day you were the one who saved me silly. How do think I was able to escape then, but sadly after that, I had lost you and immediately rushed to your uncle. Now don't cry and go back to your sister...." and the voice faded away.

Zera was surprised,

But she knew that voice was her mothers. She then went back to the guildhall to check on how Mavis was.

To be continued...