Chapter 20: Day 2: Mavis's astonishing victory.

The first day of the Grand Magic magic games went off with an amazing showcase of magic and the will to win.

The talented participants impress the audience with their capabilities right on their first day.
The second day of the Grand magic games is about to begin, the participants stand in their designated area with their heads held high. The audience one by one comes and takes a seat, hoping to witness another spectacular performance.

Soon the colosseum fills up with people and cheers once begin to be heard all over Fiore.
It was time the host began the competition.

"Once again, the colosseum is filled with an enusiastic audience. Yesterday's matches were surely surprising. Today will be a little more special than yesterday. The judges have come up with a very special way of conducting today's match. The details will be announced soon but don't worry, we won't leave you in the dark for too long." Says the host.

All the teams begin to get ready for the competition.

Suddenly a huge forest begins to appear In between the colosseum.
The audience is shocked.
Then the host announces "Don't need to be so terrified, this is the new arena designed to test the potential of our participants. This is a dense forest filled with many types of unknown beasts. Each one is of a different level and by killing them you will get a certain no of points. These beasts are a total of 5 levels, killing a level 1 beast will give you 10 points in total, A level 2 beast will give you 20, similarly a level 3 beast will give you 30, and so on level 4 and 5 will give you 40 and 50 points respectively. Remember to identify which level the beast is, you will have to find a mark on its forehead which shows its level. Once you have killed the beast you will get a beast soul. You must submit it here to prove that you have killed the beast. The teams can choose any one member to participate in this round. This is the end of the explanation... All the best to all the participants!!!".

"Hey people, Can I participate this time, please !!!!" begs Mavis.
Mavis gives everyone puppy dog eyes.
"But...Fine, but are you sure you can deal with wild beasts," asks Wendy.
"Don't worry, I have lived in the wild for more than half of my life. This jungle is nothing compared to the one I have been in." Says Mavis proudly.

The contest is about to begin and the contestants stand at different corners of the forest.
Sudden loud and terrifying roars began to be heard from the forest, Which made both the audience and contestants tremble in fear. But three people stood unshaken despite the horror of the dense forest before them.

"Look! Despite the scary roars, three contestants remain unshaken. It is unbelievable, Fairy tail team A's member Mavis Vermillion, Whitetiger's strongest member Cairo, And Fairy tail team B's member Precht Gaeblog are not even a little bit terrified!!! Looks like they are very confident about their ability!!!" says the host in amazement.

The crowd began to scream the names of fairy tail and white tiger.

The host begins the countdown. "5,4,3,2....and 1!!! , Let's the contest begin!!!!" shouts the host.

All the contestants run forward in the hope to find beasts as soon as possible.
But the crowd notices one contestant remaining still. 

When they try to look closer they realize it was Mavis. This confuses the audience and the judges.

"What is she doing!!!!" exclaims Warrod in anger.
Then Zera replies calmly "Look closer, she is trying to search for the beast with the highest magic signatures or in other words level."
"What !!! is she mad!! it will be impossible to defeat it!!!" says Wendy in shock.

Suddenly Mavis's expression changes.
"It seems that she found the strongest beast," says Zera calmly as she had already predicted every move of Mavis.

Mavis ran towards the center of the forest.
When she did she had seen 10 level 5 beasts waiting to attack anyone who would walk into their territory.
Mavis walked forward freely as if she wanted them to rampage on her.
As expected the beast all at once came at her with full force.

Even though the audience couldn't see how fierce those beasts were, their roar was just enough to scare the crap out of everyone. But suddenly about a thousand high-level swords had appeared above the forest and all were facing towards the center of the field.

"That is Mavis," says Zera proudly.

The whole audience is shocked.
All those swords attack all the beasts at once causing a huge beam of light to spread all across the stadium.  
Huge explosions occur at the center. 
All the judges are shocked by how fast the level 5 beasts are getting slain. 
"Who is that person!!!" exclaims the host in shock. 
"It seems to be a girl from Fairy tail !!!" exclaims a person from the audience. 
Everyone is amazed by seeing the scene in front of them. 
"This is the true glory of Fairytail," says the magic council's in charge in amazement.

Soon,
The round comes to an end and the players come forward to submit the beast souls they collected.
The judges discuss and then the host begins to announce the results.
The host announces " Now it is time to announce the results... White tiger has killed 7 level 1 beast, and 5 levels 2 beasts, obtaining 170 points in total!!!... Next, Lamia scale has killed 8 level 1 beasts, gaining 80 points in total, mermaid heel has killed 3 level 1 beast and 1 level 2 beast, obtaining 40 points...Quadro Cerberus has killed 1 level 2 beast obtaining 20 points... The next, fairy tail team B has killed 7 level 1 beasts, 5 level 2 beasts, and 2 level 3 beasts, obtaining 230 points !!! the highest so far!!!... Now last the last but not least is fairy tail team A...Wait what!!! Really!!!... Fairy tail team A has killed 9 level 5 beasts and 10 level 4 beasts !!!!! obtaining a score of 850!!! That is unbelievable. The winner of today's round is Fairy Tail Team A!!!!!" 

"Such tremendous power, Fairy tail is surely not a guild to be taken lightly," says Cairo from the White tiger guild.

The whole crowd attending the games are shocked after hearing the results.
The most surprising part was that Mavis returned without a single dirt patch on her face after defeating those level 5 beasts. She just looked as if the whole round was just a child play to her.

The audience shouts in joy, screaming the name Fairy tail.
The other guilds are shocked.
Mavis returned to the team resting area.

"Mavis!!!" shouts wendy and hugs Mavis tightly. Zero also joins Wendy and cheers for Mavis. "Zera, is that the true power of Mavis?" asks Warrod. "That isn't even 5% of her true power. We both are way out of normal genius," replies Zera. Warrod is amazed by both Zera and Mavis. To be continued...