Chapter 9: Our sad past

In the last chapter, Mavis and Zera unlock their Requip ability and now are ready to become official wizards of the Fairy tail.

After Mavis wakes up, she rushes to find Zera.

As she sees Zera from a distance, she rushes into her arms and hugs her tightly.

Zera without asking anything just hugs her back.

Then Mavis says in tears

 "Zera... I saw a creepy man in my dream. He was talking about a woman with a baby in her arms. And that baby was actually you. He said you killed his brother and he would kill me to take revenge. Was that woman our mother?... But even if she is, Why did she not even appear in my dream? Does she even love me ?... All this time I have no memory of both our parents...Every time I saw a kid playing with their parents it breaks my heart...What did we even do? WHY CAN'T WE JUST HAVE A NORMAL LIFE? WHY?!!!..."

Then Zera says,

 "Mavis... What happened in the past cannot be changed. Our magic might have made our life miserable and made us lose the one dearest to us, so I do wish we just let this go... But magic is not meant to be used to kill people... but without power, we can't protect the ones we love. If such power was given to us, it means we were given enough power not only to protect us but also everyone out there who is being treated miserably. I think it is time for us to forget our pasts... But we still have to remember the lesson it taught us. Without losing someone dear, we could have never understood the true value of life. Without having so many people trying to snatch away powers, we wouldn't have understood how much we must protect these powers from reaching the hands of evil. If lives were lost today, then lives were also born. How important each day is... depends on how important you feel it is to you...".

Mavis wipes her tears and says,

" Your right...I can't be trapped in my past anymore. Now I have people to protect. I am not alone anymore because I have the master, guildmates, and especially you...".

Zera then says,

"And I have you too. Mavis... moving on doesn't mean you forget about things. It just means you have to accept what's happened and continue living. You don't have to completely forget them, you have to accept the truth and give them a home in your heart, instead of giving it to hate. Those who stay in our heart are the ones who we cherish the most instead of letting them share a room with feeling such as hate is not quite right."

Mavis then replies with a smile and tears dripping from her eyes,

"Yes ma'am!!! Zera, I am really grateful to have met you, and I am even happier that you are my sister."

Both of them have a little chat and crack a few jokes.

Then Wendy enters and calls both of them to the guildhall for an important announcement.

What is the Master going to announce? 

To be continued...