Chapter 14: The cursed village

Zera, Mavis, and Zero are on their way to the Capital. After three hours of the journey. They are currently lost in a dessert and have no idea where they are heading.

It has already been an hour but still, they are walking continuously under the hot scorching sun.

"Zera! I am tired and Hungry !!!" exclaims Mavis in hunger.

Both Zera and Zero reply "So am I."

Suddenly they see a village ahead.

They immediately shout "FOOD!!!" and rush towards the village.

Once they entered the village they realized that no one was living in that village.

They searched each and every house but there was no sign of life whatsoever.

They were suspicious of the village and decided to find out why the village was empty.

When they reached the other end of the village they saw an old broken guildhall.

They then speculated that the disappearance of the people was somewhere related to that guildhall.

They walked forward and entered the guild.

When they did, they found a huge door at one corner of the guildhall.

When they entered the door, they realized it was an area to perform black magic.

Wendy's magic class time :

What is dark magic?

Black Magic is a type of Magic usually granting users sinister abilities, such as the manipulation of other people's bodies and souls.

Now let's go back (^∇^)ノ

From that evidence, they realized that the village surely practiced black magic.

Suddenly the ground began to rumble.

It was as if a huge earthquake was approaching.

It was from the outside of the guildhall.

They immediately rushed to the outside of the guildhall.

When they did, they realized a huge wall was coming up from the ground like a barrier for the village.

They were confused about why this wall had suddenly appeared.

Soon it began to get dark and people began to appear in the village.

Zera then asked a person "Excuse me, mister, When I had come here I didn't see any person here. But as the Sunset how did so many people appear?"

The man then answered "This is our curse. Long ago, our village practiced the dark arts under the guidance of the guild. One day when we were performing a dark magic spell to use the moonlight to resurrect the dead. But suddenly the spell went wrong and we were cursed to become invisible during the day and become visible only during the night."

Zero then said "I heard of such a situation before. They must have tried to resurrect the wishing demon from the netherworld. The consequence of this is that, if they will fail the spell they will either be destroyed by the demon or will be cursed. Nobody was able to reverse the curse."

Mavis and Zera begin to think hard.

Suddenly Mavis and Zera look up at the moon.

And they realized something was wrong with the sky.

When they told this to the villagers.

Both the villagers and Zero were puzzled.

Suddenly Mavis and Zera suddenly summon a huge Bow.

Zero and the villagers were shocked and scared of what they were trying to do.

"Both of you stop!! If you break the moon there will never be moonlight ever again!!!"

But Mavis and Zera didn't even listen and shot two huge arrows towards the sky.

They ran swiftly like two eagles competing in the sky. Despite their tremendous speed, they shot hundreds of arrows within a second. All the arrows hit the sky and stuck to it like chandeliers.

Suddenly all the arrows exploded, causing the sky to crack into millions of tiny pieces and the night sky had completely disappeared.

But after the sky broke there was another one still there but it was looked as if it was dusk.

The villagers were suddenly afraid they would become invisible again.

But it didn't happen.

They were confused and asked Zera and Mavis how they did this.

"When we first came here it was about mid-noon. But strangely by the time we entered the guildhall and came out it was dark already. Normally it would have still been noon. So then we knew something was wrong with the sky. When we looked up, we realized that usually during the night the clouds would move but here the clouds were completely frozen. So we just guessed that the sky was fake. Even during the night from the outside, you all won't be seen because you are covered by this fake sky. So we decided to directly break the sky." Zera replied proudly.

Both the villagers and Zero were astonished by their wisdom and power.

The villager then apologized to the three of them and promised that they would never practice black magic ever again.

They also gifted the three of them with a lot of food, water, and a map so that they won't feel thirsty or hungry on the way and also will be able to reach their destination safely.

To be continued...