Chapter 13: Dragon scale pt.2

Mavis, Zera, and Mirajane's mother set off to the temple of the dragon scale.

And Mirajane left home to find where Elfman and Lisanna had escaped to.

After a few minutes of travel Mavis, Zera, and Mirajane's mother reached the gates of the temple.

As they knocked at the door of the temple, the fog had cleared up and the doors began to open.

Suddenly from the inside of the temple, the sound of a dragon roaring was heard.

Both Mavis and Zera were confused.

Mirajane's mother then says "That is the guardian beast of this temple. Ever since that incident had happened the kind and friendly beast had gone mad and began to kill any person who enters through the gates."

Both Mavis and Zera begin to worry if their presence would enrage the beast even more and could lead to destruction.

Then Mirajane's mother says "We have already come this far. Now is the only chance to think about going back. If you take one more step forward there is no way back home."

Then Mavis replies "We understand, but we have already decided to resolve this problem. So we won't go back until we solve this issue."

The three of them walk further towards the chamber where the dragon scale is kept.

As they went closer they could feel the domineering power of the beast.

Soon they reached the doors of the chamber.

They knocked at its door and entered.

When they entered they saw nothing inside.

They were puzzled.

Suddenly a voice was heard.

And it said "You foolish humans! You have come once again to steal the soul of my masters. How dare you imbeciles come again to seek power!!! Is this how you pay for the sacrifice of my masters!!!"

The three of them were shocked and confused about where the voice was coming from.

Suddenly there was a movement in the ceiling.

It felt as if something was looking at them from the above.

When they looked up they saw a huge dragon.

Mirajane's mother began to tremble in fear.

But when she looked at the faces of both Zera and Mavis, she was shocked.

Those both were as carefree as they were before

They didn't even get scared after looking at the dragon.

It was as if they were looking at an ordinary lizard rather than a mighty dragon.

Then both of them said together "Madam, I think it is best if you could step back a little. I think you might have to wait another 2 min for us to deal with this old lizard."

Mirajane's mother immediately went outside the chamber and stood right next to the open doors.

Mavis then told Zera "Zera, How about we use the new power we just learned."