fade

~lacy's pov~
"CALL 911!! NOW!" i hear karl scream. it's muffled. everything's muffled.
"oh my god oh my god holy shit how..." it sounds like karl's pacing back and forth. everything fades out.
"okay? you're gonna be okay." i hear karl saying. it sounds like he's miles away from me. i feel his hand on my hand. someone yells from far away something but everything fades out again. it's so quiet. so peaceful. i wish it was like this all the time.
"she uh- she was um- uhh"
"spit it out kid! c'mon!" a harsh voice yells. again it's like it's far away. i hear sirens.
"she was going to take a shower then i walked in on her on the ground." i hear karl say quickly.
a walkie talkie noise goes off.
"could be foul play there's..." everything fades again.
i wake up to sweater weather playing quietly. this time it's not muffled or a million miles away. it's right here next to me. everything's blurry. i hear a little laugh and then a sniffle. i cant make out who it is. my head hurts, come to think of it my whole body hurts. i try to sit up but moan in pain.
"what the heck... DOCTOR!" i hear the one and only karl jacobs yell. i see a tall woman walk in,
"hi there, can you tell me your name?" she asks. easy my names lacy duh.
i whisper, "lacy."
she looks at karl as if she's seeking approval to keep going. his face is red as if he was crying. i notice that my vision is no longer blurred and i can see everything perfectly. he nods, giving her the assurance to go on.
"lacy, do you know what happened?"
what happened... what did happen? i remember i went into the bathroom to take a shower, i was extremely excited to hang out with karl. i got into the shower and started thinking about back home. i had been thinking of everything i wish i had done to save my dad. i wished he was still here. i wanted to text him, i stepped out of the shower to grab my phone to text his "contact." i texted the old number.
hey dad. i miss you so much. there's this guy, his name is karl. idk if you'd like him tbh. i didn't at first lol. i don't know how long this is going to last but please give me some sign that you like it. don't do anything bad though haha. i love you and miss you forever dad. <3
after i sent the text i sighed and set my phone down. i remember starting to walk back over to the shower and then i heard karl yell "hell yeah" it startled me and i slipped on some water that was on the floor. i don't really remember much after that, there was bits and pieces of course but nothing major.
"i slipped on water and fell."
for awhile the doctors walked me through what happened and procedures. they asked who i could fall and i had to say "nobody" in front of karl. he looked at me with a confused sad look in his eyes. eventually he had to go and so i was just sitting there in silence. i didn't know where my phone was, probably still on the counter at my apartment. soon enough i drifted off to sleep.

~karl's pov~
"yeah she's fine, the doctor said she should just rest so i'm here now, what's the challenge?" i was at jimmys for a video that we'd been planning for awhile. it was supposed to happen the night that everything happened with lacy. that was two days ago. when i found her on the floor i yelled to call 911 and chandler called. i rode to the hospital with her and then she went into surgery. since she wasn't lucid, the police couldn't tell if there was any foul play. they let me sleep on the chairs until morning but as soon as i woke up they questioned me. i sat in a room with them for hours and since the boys didn't come to the hospital with me they had to drive out and get questioned too. they assumed our story's were legit and decided there didn't seem to be foul play so we were able to relax. i went to lacy's room and i sat with her for a long time, i had tweeted that i wasn't streaming and i was reading through the replies. i saw one that had a link to it, it was me dancing to sweater weather. i laughed a little and kept scrolling. then she woke up. my whole heart was filled with happiness the moment i saw her move. i keep telling myself that this is my fault even though i know it's not. i'm the one who kissed her, who knows maybe that made her flustered. there's so many possible things. my mind was racing. the doctor came in and checked up on her, she didn't really talk much and kept looking at me kind of sadly. eventually she fell asleep and i kind of snuck out. she wasn't allowed on her phone yet because she has surgery and needed to rest. now i'm at jimmys and the boys are questioning me on if i should be there.
"fine you can stay, whatever."
~lacy's pov~
i'm alone in a hospital bed. i can't move and i have nobody to talk to. i miss karl. i want karl. i always have. just never admitted it to myself. damnit.

AUTHOR
I APOLOGIZE FOR NOT POSTING LOL I TOOK A NEEDED BREAK AND I AM VERY STRESSED WITH SPORTS IM SORRY BUT HERE YOU GO