dissapointed

~lacy's pov~
"alright it's going to be a stream before anything else so you might not want to be in it right away." karl says setting up.
"um okay." i step out of frame. it's almost dark right now and he is almost finished. i still don't really know what we're doing i just know that i'm not going to talk unless he talks first.
"okay everything is set up and ready, musics playing and my mics muted. so basically we're going to address the situation. you aren't going to come in for a little bit okay?" karl explains.
"okay."
"i'm gonna start it now... hey beautiful people, heyyy. how are you guys?" he says. i'm still out of frame but i can see all the viewers rolling in. he is just talking and vibing with the chat. he isn't saying anything about the situation but the chat has a lot of questions about it and if i'm okay and things like that.
"hey chat, let's refrain from questions about that, once we get at least 200 more viewers i have to talk to you guys." he looks over at me and smiles. it was an actual genuine smile. he confuses me so much.
"okay! so since there's a lot of you here we need to talk." right as he's about to start talking the mic falls. luckily it doesn't break but he yells,
"what the honk!" i start to laugh behind the camera but quickly stop when i remember we're live and there's thousands of people watching. the chat didn't seem to notice. karl gets everything set up and back to normal again and he starts talking.
"i wanted to talk to you guys about something serious and i ask that you refrain from sending memes or jokes in the chat or i will have to turn it off. i don't like being mean like that but i need you guys to listen. i am beyond disappointed in some of you. it made me so upset to see you in other peoples comments telling them horrible things. i will not be repeating them because nobody deserves to hear them. we are supposed to be a positive community and i thought we were. seeing you say those things really upsets me. i am beyond disappointed. i have somebody here who will help me explain some things to you guys." karl looks over at me. i walk in and sit down. the chat starts blowing up with things like,
"omg it's her"
"i never said anything bad"
"she's a snitch"
there's a lot of negative comments.
"i'm turning the chat off, okay?" he says looking at me as if wavering approval. i nod. he turns it off.
"i am so disgusted with all of you. all these rude comments. wow." there was a short pause.
"this is lacy. this is the girl who some of you have been harassing and cyber bullying. she is actually a very kind person and doesn't deserve what is happening to her." he looks over at me.
"hi. so i know a lot of you hate me-"
"which you shouldn't!" karl butts in smiling at me. i smile back.
"uh so i ran into karl at the airport when i was coming to north carolina. he actually ran into me and shoved me to the ground but we don't need to talk about that.." i say laughing.
"i was tired and i just wanted to get on the plane and sleep. i got mad at him for not helping me pick up my stuff and i decided at that moment i wasn't going to like him. i decided i would hate him. i cant explain to you why, because i don't fully know myself. when i got here i went into my room and fell asleep. i woke up multiple times to him screaming and i overreacted. i apologize that i upset you guys more than i upset karl but it really makes no sense to me why." i explain. karl turns on the chat again and it floods with apologies.
"she never deserved any of the hate she was given. that's what i wanted to say and unless she has anything else i will be ending the stream very soon." he glanced at me.
"um, again i'm sorry." i see a question in the chat that asked if i was okay. i think karl saw it too.
"lacy, are you okay?" he asks.
"i am alright. thank you for asking."
"i'm going to turn off the stream okay bye guys. please never do anything like this again." he says and turns the stream off. then he turns to me and hugs me.
"thank you for that closure." i say taking in his scent. he smells like candles. i cant explain it. he lets go and smiles. we both take down the set up and go back to our rooms. everything is going to be alright. i try to fall asleep but all i can think of is karl hugging me. my mind switches to imagine if he kissed me instead of hugging me. shit i like this kid. and it's not going away anything soon.