across

~author pov~
okay so where the story is gonna go is not how karl jacobs would act in real life whatsoever! he is a very kind person irl and in this story so far he is seen as very toxic. i don't want this image of him to be how you think of him. and another thing: i can't reply to the comments for some reason but thank you all so much and i read every comment and y'all are funny. ok bye<3

~karl's pov~
i shut the door and breathed out. okay good. i did good. i blocked her out. there's no going back from this, right? that's good. you see my plan was to make everyone hate me and then disappear for awhile. it had been on my mind for awhile, i've always wanted to. the only things i'd bring with me was stuff to stream. my chat brings me joy. obviously they'd all ask me where i went, i still haven't figured out that part but it's fine. the other day i realized i had enough money to just leave. i know she just hit her head and got back and the timing was horrible but i'll regret not leaving in the future. me and her are too toxic and we'll always be. as for all my friends here, i'll still text them. i won't tell them where i am of course but it'll be fine. i had all my stuff packed and in my car already. the apartment was pretty much empty. i'm surprised lacy didn't notice anything off. i opened the door to my apartment and checked the hallways for lacy. it was around 9:00pm meaning the sun was setting. i decided to go up to the roof and look out onto the city that i will one day be back to. i figured lacy was still in her room because i just like, broke her heart or whatever. as i'm slowly stepping up the stairs i start to really think.
what the hell am i doing?
who have i become?
is this who i want to be?
this isn't me.
i creak open the door to the roof.

~lacy's pov~
i have all my stuff sitting around me as i feel the soft breeze on my neck. as the tears pour down my cheek i am watching the sunset on the roof. i have earbuds in and im pretty much blocking out the world. everyone praises karl jacobs but who is he really? he's not what he internet sees him as. he is a manipulative toxic 22 year old man. exactly who i wanted to avoid. i feel someone's eyes on me. it's cold. i already know who it is so i don't bother turning around. i turn down my music. nobody says anything, we just watch the sunset. he's by the door and i'm on a small blanket with two suitcases and a pillow around me. i hadn't planned to come up here yet i found myself mesmerized by the colors.
"i'm not who you think i am." i hear from behind me. the voice is shaky. i slowly turn my head but not enough to directly look at him.
"a manipulative toxic bitch?" i snap.
"i'm leaving. i'm going away. you brought out the worst in me. i knew it was coming but you really did. it was building up, all the anger from the past, all of the self hate, then i met you. i thought you would heal me. take away the pain. instead you drove me insane. inside my head was cannons blowing at eachother every second of the day. i couldn't stop it. i still can't. so i'm going to see my family. i'll speak to them. hopefully i can end up who i used to be again. but there's no way of knowing. if i ever come back i want you to know that you are the one girl who has ever warmed my heart. and i never deserved you. i'll see you in another lifetime lacy mae. goodbye."
and he turned around and shut the door. there's nothing i can do about it, nothing i can fix. he needs to be fixed, and without me is best. like he said, he'll see me in another lifetime.

~author pov~
you're probably thinking, how can i. go on from this? well it's going to be hard and interesting but i'll get there. this is not a finished story! there will be a happy ending i promise. i don't know how to get there yet but i'll get there. i love you guys, thank you sm! <3